SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Public Land for shooting Clay pigeons

3/14/19 @ 10:12 AM
INITIAL POST
fourboyz
User since 2/24/03

Anyone know of any public land in Northeast WI where you can shoot clay pigeons?

Thanks

4boyz

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
3/23/19 @ 11:30 AM
countyline
User since 1/2/13

The passage of S.47 in February might change some rules and laws. . Stay tuned.

"Enhances and Expands Sportsmen’s Access on Federal Lands – For the first time, makes it clear in statute that all Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and National Forest System lands shall be open to hunting, recreational shooting, and fishing unless explicitly closed for safety or other justified reasons documented through established public processes. Facilitates the construction and expansion of public target ranges, including ranges on BLM and national forest lands."

3/23/19 @ 6:05 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

NO TARGET SHOOTING ON ANY DNR,STATE NATURAL AREAS OR PUBLIC HUNTING GROUNDS IN WISCONSIN! ALLOWED IN DESIGNATED TARGET RANGES ONLY!

3/17/19 @ 9:32 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Sounds more like a warden not wanting to deal with it.  I know of people who got in quite a bit of trouble for just shooting into a woods because it was not a suitable backstop.  All you have to say is that you were walking in the woods when they were shooting.

3/17/19 @ 8:20 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Tim, I thought the same as you concerning target shooting on DNR lands. Last summer I called hotline when a couple guys were running thru hundreds of rounds with AR's on DNR land near my home. Its flat as a pancake and not suitable for safe shooting. Warden followed up later and told me it was perfectly legal.

????

3/16/19 @ 9:05 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

www.jhgamefarm.com/#content

a tad pricey if youre taking the whole family but a load of fun open 360+ days a year

3/14/19 @ 10:31 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

You cannot target shoot (any form) on DNR lands. Don't know rules for any county or federal properties on that subject.

Tim

3/14/19 @ 4:10 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Not sure if it's the same , but the boxes of birds used to say not to use in areas where livestock grazes  .

3/14/19 @ 12:35 PM
3/14/19 @ 10:34 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

My guess is nowhere. I'm not sure what the rules are on discharging guns outside of hunting seasons, but I can imagine the targets, busted up or not, would be considered littering. I get that they're clay and will eventually break down, but that likely doesn't matter. 

Best bet is to find a sportsman's club or shooting range. Aside from that, if you know of any farmers with fields they likely wouldn't mind provided you are polite and respect their wishes. That's where I first learned to shoot was the cornfield across the road from my cousin's farm. If you don't personally know of any, ask around. 

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE