SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Deer Hunting Gripe Thread

11/20/15 @ 8:29 AM
INITIAL POST
land man
User since 9/12/06
Post here if you are unhappy with your season, hate the DNR, etc, etc.
Displaying 41 to 50 of 104 posts
11/24/15 @ 9:51 PM
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
User since 5/12/09
Public Land that's all I have to say.
11/24/15 @ 8:02 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
My stand faces north and I forgot my sunglasses on opening day. Had to pass on a buck because my scope had a nuclear ball in it. It was a bit chilly. Wind coulda been out of the opposite direction on Sunday. My cousin needs to organize a squirrel hunt before the opener. Too many tree rats. The Jr. Hunters in camp have to learn to pass on does with young fawns. But thanks, the milk-fed free-range veal calf that I tagged will provide many tasty meals. At least it won't starve to death this winter. The old guys are getting more crotchety. It would have been nice if the ground was frozen. My tires got really muddy! Those are my gripes. Thanks for listening. We had a great time. Looking forward to Season 33 next year.
11/24/15 @ 8:01 PM
Capt. Patrick Conger
Capt. Patrick Conger
User since 3/21/13
Hey guys Dont know if anyone saw this but I figured I share. Good luck!!! Capt Patrick http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Hunt/deerharvest.html
11/24/15 @ 4:33 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
Lots of gripes about the ATV/UTV's off designated trails. There should be white tags on the back of the machines. Call it in. Nothings going to get fixed if you don't call it in. Hefty fines for machines where they shouldn't be.
11/24/15 @ 4:04 PM
cabinbum
User since 4/1/10
my gripe is not being able to hunt the way im used to. we do 2-3 guy pushes with one stander. cover big chunks of ground, all sorts of cover. now that i am getting older and more beat up by the week i find im just in the way. its not that anything has been said. i just know it. time to find a stump to park it on and let the boys do what they do..... Crying Angry Cool
11/24/15 @ 3:58 PM
tapone
tapone
User since 11/16/04
Pretty quite here in Southern Brown county. Saw 1 small 6 point buck on Sunday. Too small. 5 doe today. Also a coyote. Not much shooting going on. I miss the days seeing 20 deer opening day...gone for now.
11/24/15 @ 3:50 PM
schneiks
User since 11/23/15
just the same as having guys set up 25-50yds away while you're duck hunting. courtesy goes by the wayside in a lot of situations but seems it happens more and more during the gun deer season. people are forgetting what the tradition of deer hunting actually means in WI. off the soap box for now....
11/24/15 @ 3:29 PM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06
Ditto on atv's where they aren't allowed. We see this on sawyer county forest quite a bit. Nothing like specifically targeting areas where Atv's are not allowed, walking in a mile and a half only to have some jag drive around a gate or over a berm and right past your stand 15 mins before shooting. I don't know how people ever got to their stands before atv's.
11/24/15 @ 1:13 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04
47 to 7.......WINNING! LOL
11/24/15 @ 12:51 PM
Chaser73
User since 11/5/15
walked in 2 miles down a trail clearly marked "no atv" in price county opening day. Had 2 side-by-sides drive by me 15 minutes before light. They proceeded to actually park me in with their trailers as well. So when I got completely pissed about noon, i walked out and could not even leave to go somewhere else. Next time, there will be some flat tires involved. Went to clark county forest on Sunday to get away from those idiots only to have trucks driving around the bermed off trails through the woods to get back on the trails. Try to go to another spot across the highway, walk into a 100 yard slashing with a ladder stand in the middle of it. Saw exactly 0 deer on public land and got a big dose of "how to wreck hunting for others because i too lazy to follow the laws."
Displaying 41 to 50 of 104 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE