SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

condensation in plastic deer blind

1/14/24 @ 10:38 AM
INITIAL POST
ducks
User since 2/17/11

We have several manufactured plastic deer blinds , and we have condensation problems with them..During the right conditions we get a lot of moisture on the walls and ceiling inside the blind. I was thinking of either spray foaming the walls/ ceiling ,, or putting adhesive backed padding on walls/ceiling to hopefully stop the condensation.   Has anybody tried this ?   Any other ideas ?    Thanks for any help...Duck

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
3/11/24 @ 7:57 AM
16ft
User since 6/3/05
We use these as needed
Pretty quite on low and only run them occasionally 
condensation in plastic deer blind photo by 16ft
1/27/24 @ 2:57 PM
Direwolf66
PRO MEMBER User since 2/21/20
Do you still get it if you just open the windows and let the air through? 
1/15/24 @ 9:33 AM
ducks
User since 2/17/11
The condensation is a problem even without using a heater...  This past opening deer season, my blind was dripping as soon as it got a little warmer out , enough to thaw out the frozen condensation.  (no heater running)... I realize l will get moisture while running my lp heater..     does anyone know if the spray foam insulation  would adhere enough to the plastic?  especially the roof ?     Thanks,,  Duck
1/15/24 @ 8:01 AM
BPW
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Are you using a heat source? If so and it's propane (likely), that's a big part of the issue. 
1/14/24 @ 9:12 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
PRO MEMBER User since 12/11/01
Before ice tents came insulated people use reflectics  insulation on the ceiling. Available at Menards. 
1/14/24 @ 7:54 PM
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20
I use adhesive backed foam up to the windows, No moisture.
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE