USER since 1/19/07
No offense intended, but this is not going to end well
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
6/7/14 @ 8:35 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
It should be public knowledge on the records of where the 110m went to exactly. There is so much money shuffling with government entities it will make you go dizzy. Wonder if there is info available on where 18 billion would go!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone knows how to look up this kind of info it would help a lot to understanding where all these tax dollars are being spent exactly. I would enjoy reading budgets for both.

Post Your Comment
5/26/14 @ 7:49 AM
perch chaser
perch chaser
USER since 2/6/03
Creating additionl spawning habitat is not the answer, plenty of ideal habitat in LM. The real problem is survival of perch fry after the spawn. The Zebra & Quagga mussels (filter feeders) have pretty much destroyed all of the bottom food chain (zooplankton & fresh water crustations) along with the donut which moved them around the lake. Perch fry cannot survive without these two crucial elements. A previous poster once mentioned on another site, it would cost 16 cents per perch to raise one to 4". That was from data over ten years old. I have yet to see at what size perch would have to be raised in order to survive? In order to attain fishable numbers you might be talking about millions of dollars having to be spent every year. In todays economy GOOD LUCK !!! with that.

Edited on 5/26/14 7:57 AM
Post Your Comment
5/25/14 @ 7:01 PM
ultramicro
ultramicro
USER since 6/17/11
Simply creating better perch spawning and fry/fingerling survival habitat (such as brushpiles or bundles, as was mentioned) onsite (in appropriate places) might be a practical approach. At Lake Shasta in CA, I worked building huge brushpiles (all over 100' x 10' x 5') on secondary points to serve as habitat for very young black bass. I recall that our efforts did appear to be very successful... Smile

Edited on 5/25/14 7:23 PM
Post Your Comment