SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Marker buoys vs GPS or both

3/2/16 @ 10:38 AM
INITIAL POST
wischardwaterfish
User since 11/30/11
Just curious what everyone thinks about using marker buoys vs GPS or using them in conjunction. I know I like to use the gps to get me in the area but like the visual reference of the marker on the structure I am fishing. I painted my buoys black and green to reduce the visibility and attraction of other fishemen. What are your thoughts?
Displaying 11 to 18 of 18 posts
3/3/16 @ 9:33 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
Ed, That was tiresome. Typed on my Samsung, synced up with my Brothers HL2240 printer, sitting next to my Sharp EL-1197P 12 digit calculator, just after tying the shoelace on my Johnson and Murphy's. Mrt.
3/2/16 @ 2:01 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03
Since I now have spot lock I rarely use a buoy anymore, but 1 is always ready. I use to get a kick out of people going past and whispering, he's got a buoy out... After I would move on, I would see them race over to that spot and drop anchor... LOL Smile
3/2/16 @ 11:04 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01
Buoys are idiot magnets.
3/2/16 @ 11:03 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
I like to use both... I find my area with GPS and then throw a maker. This allows my clients to have a target to look at and throw towards.. It freaks some people out not throwing at a target when fishing out in the center of the lake. Plus it helps me to get back on target faster. Painting your makers is a great idea. I have thrown markers but fished a hundred or so yards away from them just to watch someone try to figure out why that marker is out there. It is amazing how long some people will look. There really are no secrets with todays Lowrance Electronics. Then all you have to do is drop your Minn Kota trolling motor down..Pick up your Lews's Rod and Reel and throw that Zoom Worm or Rapala Crankbait and let that PLine fluorocarbon tell you everything that is down there. It is a great feeling to set the hook while standing on the huge padded deck of my Phoenix 921 Pro bass boat. At the end of the day I fire up my Mercury 250Pro XS and have a quick safe ride home Just a little thanks to my sponsors!!!!! No defiantly use both....
Displaying 11 to 18 of 18 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE