SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Larry Smith fishing show

2/13/21 @ 4:02 PM
INITIAL POST
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Perch fishing in 80' of water. Nice perch but unfortunately no catch and release at that depth. Bet the crowds will be gathered on that area after seeing the show.

Displaying 76 to 90 of 111 posts
12/9/22 @ 9:35 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Weres the shotgun chef been!!????

12/1/22 @ 3:35 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

On one of his youtube shows he talks about his life growing up. I don't think he ever graduated high school...

Worked hard and carved out a nice life for himself, gotta hand it to him.

12/1/22 @ 12:38 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I agree, Larry gives some very nice tips.... one he gave out a couple years ago really made a difference on crappies

...aren't most of the CC stuff done electronically like speech to text on phones? that stuff is horrible as well

12/1/22 @ 11:58 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

English major/Technical Writer here....it's not just Larry's show lol.  I am always amazed at what passes for words when I'm reading the captions.  Just found an example I had to text my wife about last month....the spoken word was conscious.  Captions had it as conchas  

12/1/22 @ 11:57 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01

I enjoy the show.

When 1 of Wisconsins better guides is giving out a tip on fishing.

I'm listening...

12/1/22 @ 11:28 AM
Justfellow
User since 1/28/21

Love reading the captions to Larry’s show.  As an English teacher, reading those lines is like child’s play because I see it in every assignment. While viewing his program, which I find informative and fun, I sit back and get really entertained, sometimes marveling and LOL, wondering if there are others who are as aghast as I am at how poor constructions (and spelling) the WRITING of those captions are.  Maybe I should offer my proof reading skills?  Gotta laugh…..

7/8/22 @ 7:27 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Watch the show all the time. Pretty good info but at times all the silliness, gets kind of old. He will really miss HUnter. Watched him on a guide trip show yesterday and he was a perfect mix of entertainer and teacher. I think that new format will work. He is better when he keeps it real. Mrt.

2/1/22 @ 1:33 PM
kyl_me
User since 7/21/08

I thought the show was great as well. Liked seeing the drone footage. Larry and anyone else thinking about doing it should make sure that the drone operator is not calling out game locations. Best I can tell, the Wisconsin code that prohibits use of an aircraft to "spot, rally or drive wild animals for hunters on the ground" would be the same for use of drones. I am not saying Larry was doing that, just a word of caution to others. 

1/31/22 @ 2:35 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15

I have not hunted rabbits with beagles in a LONG time due to no one in my circle having them anymore.  It was an absolute blast when we did.  The thrill of the chase-  listening to the dogs work the bunnies and waiting for a glimpse.  Definitely on of life's simple pleasures!

1/30/22 @ 5:57 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01

Saw he was rabbit hunting.

8/29/21 @ 9:55 AM
Goalie Dad
Goalie Dad
User since 9/13/20

OK, Here goes kind of a long one...... 

Today, If you saw Larrys show, it had closed captioning. I TOTALLY understand that there are millions of people with difficulty hearing or no hearing at all. Im not insensitive to any disability. 

The modern television has CC capabilities.  Cable & satellite broadcasts, and the shows themselves, have the option to use CC. I have used CC to replay something said that I couldnt understand what they were saying. They are almost always perfect with the text. 

With that said, I watched the entire show twice. Whatever CC service he was using was absolutely horrible and I cant believe it wasnt edited to be corrected. (I dont even know if it could have been edited). If I was deaf and dependent on CC service, I would have been totally confused reading the captions. 

In my education, I remember that any text on videos draws eyes TO that text, but I can live with that, BUT if he's going to use a service, use one that actually works.

7/12/21 @ 5:50 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

He mentioned at the end that MRD construction company is a new sponsor. 

7/11/21 @ 10:03 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/15/08

What was with the safety hat? Let me rephrase that.....What was with the undersized safety hat?
we called them bump caps where I worked.....

6/23/21 @ 4:37 PM
mlures
PRO MEMBER User since 4/19/10

Any idea what lake Larry was fishing last week for crappies and walleyes?

5/24/21 @ 10:39 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I don't have cable anymore, but I get about 4 videos a week from Larry on his Youtube channel.  One of them, I think on Friday, is the show that is shown on the air.  Others are just small, 5 minutes or less episodes, mostly on how-to's of something.  He also has a podcast every single week that is included in the notifications on his Youtube channel.

Displaying 76 to 90 of 111 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE