MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Lake Wisconsin fishing social

3/10/15 @ 8:03 AM
INITIAL POST
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
So after meeting with a few people last night, I just want to extend an invite to others around the area. Starting April 30th which is a Monday, there is going to be a fishing social group meeting at Lucky's Bar after the evening fishing trips. This is no means a money league, nor a chest puffing competition. The group is looking at working with one another in helping learn the lake and river thru each others luck, and techniques. So how is this going to work. Well, here it is. Every Monday until ice up, people will go out fishing, doesn't matter what time you go. When done the group has decided to meet back at Lucky's Bar and grill to grab a drink or two, and share the good and bad of the day or evening. Tell a few tales and enjoy some .50 wings. I want to stress the fact that we are there to help one another. Even last night just talking about how we wanted to go about this, we had a few join us and after 1.5 hours of talking fishing all four of us learned something new to try. We are not specie specific. This is open to all what the water gives us and your drive is. of you have any questions feel free to message me. Hope to see you on Monday nights and talk a little fishing. BBusser
Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
6/14/15 @ 7:00 AM
hnt4h2o
User since 10/17/05
Wondering if the monday night thing is going? I have a cabin in Weigands bay. I need to get up the 1 day a week and fish rather than the weekends. I have been fishing more walleye than anything now but fish all and have a carp boat set up as well I would be interested on the monday thing. Not as active here as I used to be. but will check Craig
4/21/15 @ 12:11 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
As most have seen I did get out last Sunday for a 10 min trolling session, until the little girls wanted to go fast. trolling at 1.4 -1.6 flicker 77 f.o.l. out straight lining. only fish was a 15.25 sauger. Monday's wings were delicious. if weather is permitting I will be out next Monday, will be back to Lucky's around dark or before. targeting a few species with jigs, maybe a little trolling too. hope to see you guys there. I know I said the 30th, but the 27th is Monday. so I will start than. I know there is a tournament this weekend for both bass and walleye. what is the walleye tournaments like out here and who puts them on. didn't know about them tell yesterday. next time I will try my luck lol. soakem, bbusser
4/15/15 @ 10:11 AM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
we are still looking at starting the social on April 30. wondering if anyone would like to meet the week before on Monday around 630ish to talk and eat wings, also to put a face to a name. Lucky's bar and grill off hwy V on the bay of Okee. see you there, BBusser
3/13/15 @ 2:32 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
A slot or smaller harvest number would be awesome. that would kick drive a trophy fishery even higher. this winter I put quit a few black crappie through the ice that were 12.5 to 14. I only kept 3, two too eat and a wall hanger. my buddies and I only keep 10 to 12, if we do plan on eating any. The mass of the panfish are ridiculous when you get on them. I did try keeping it low key. I know what happens to a good thing when it gets out. look at Redstone and Madison chain lakes. I kept a ton of yellow and a few white bass. my daughter is in love with them, just the same as crappie meat. the mass on these too are incredible. I really look forward to meeting a lot of you. I maybe down there this Monday at luckys eating some wings again. cant beat .50 wings. plus I only live on the back side of the bay so its easy to get to. im off to tie some more worm harnesses and think about the year to come. soakem bbusser
3/11/15 @ 6:58 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
I fish th is lake alot. The last 10 years or so I have went from exclusive bass fishing to multispecies. I like to fish for bass, crappie and walleye and do pretty well for all 3 species. Running a bass boat now so my eye fishing is limited to mostly jigging. Hopefully getting a new glass multispecies rig in a year or 2. I rhink the panfish population is great in this lake. I am personally an advocate of lower limits fo panfish state wide, but that's just me. One thing for sure is the slot is helping alot for the walleye fishing. Would for sure like to talk with you walleye guys though. I'm sure I could pick up alot from you. Look forward to making it over one night.
3/11/15 @ 4:04 PM
Tie1on
Tie1on
User since 1/29/15
I don't really pan fish out on Lake W too much. A little slip bobber action in the spring but that;s about it. That being said, The number and size of the crappies I've been getting while trolling the last 2 years has REALLY increased. Some real SLABS! Walleye fishing had been outstanding the last 4-5 years, and really seeing the benefit the the slot program (IMO). Have only produced 1 fish over 28" in the last 8 years, but the amount of 22"-25" fish this last year was unreal. It would really be cool to get a decent network of guys together out here, share info and get to meet a few guys. Would also be real cool to try and establish decent night time Walleye bite! Maybe we could also do COMEDY sundays....We can all sit at the Okee landing from 4-6pm and have a couple beers! Priceless! Garrett
3/11/15 @ 2:06 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
What are your guys thought on pan fish limits, size and quantity.
3/11/15 @ 1:32 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10
DUH! I just drove by that place last week! Bears and the old Anchor Inn/away? Looks like someone stuck some coin into those places.
3/10/15 @ 5:16 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I didn't work 2nd shift so I could make it. I'm on the lake several times a week. Would be nice to know a few of the other regulars who are on the water that if I ran into on the water could BS with, as I usually don't approach strangers on the water. Have alot of PTO time at my job so will have to try and take a monday off and swing by.
3/10/15 @ 12:10 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
I got my final battery charging and will be down at the Sauk launch getting the old prince craft fine tuned.. if she doesn't give me any problems I might be wetting a line this weekend. otherwise the following. as of yesterday the dells was still locked up.. but should open up in the next few days. hope to see you guys out there.
3/10/15 @ 11:17 AM
WalleyeBooner33
User since 11/5/11
Luckys is right next to the Okee bridge - across the street from Fitz's. Its a good idea to have a get together. I won't be apart of it until the ices comes off - I am and will be spending all of my time in the Dells and below the Sauk Dam looking for pig walleyes until the middle of April or so. $0.50 wings are key.
3/10/15 @ 11:16 AM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
Okee bay on the other side of the road from Fitz's
3/10/15 @ 11:02 AM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10
Where is Lucky's ? I know where Lakeside and Thirsty Moose are but Lucky's no clue.
3/10/15 @ 10:57 AM
Tie1on
Tie1on
User since 1/29/15
I'm down.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE