SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Estimated weight

8/4/15 @ 11:23 PM
INITIAL POST
Fluke Skipper
User since 8/4/15
I am hoping for a scientific or educated estimated weight on this LMB. It is atop a standard 15" tackle box. It is tough to get a decent photo alone in a kayak. Fish is still swimming in Hennepin county, Any help is appreciated!
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
8/5/15 @ 3:16 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Yeah I did a double take on the mouth as well. Looks like a big carp mouth. If the box is 15", fish has got to be 21" IMO.
8/5/15 @ 1:42 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
That's a nice bass, and I know what you mean about the difficulty of taking pictures in your kayak while also trying to avoid dropping your phone in the water. I landed a 34" northern and it was a chore to get the pic of the whole fish and I have a huge kayak. Pain in the butt. I agree with the guesses. 20" and 5lbs.
8/5/15 @ 9:12 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
Using the WAG method i think 4.5 would be a good guest. The amazing thing to me is the size of the fishes mouth. It looks very small for the size of the fish. If that is the norm keep fishing that pond as that is a young fish and there has to be some monsters in their.
8/5/15 @ 8:45 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
That is a nice fish. Photo doesn't really let me see length too good. Could be 18ish. Could be 20ish. What strikes me is the mouth size. Usually when you get a 20 incher, you can fit your fist in their mouth, yet on this one, the picture makes it look like the mouth is full with just your thumb in it. Without seeing the girth of the fish, I'd have to say around 19 inches, 4-5 pounds. Could be bigger/longer, though. Either way, it is a great catch. Had to be a lot of fun in kayak.
8/5/15 @ 7:58 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
Ditto on what phat said...
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE