SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Paladin
User since 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,658 posts
5/24/24 @ 9:56 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

Vegetable Garden photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/24/24 @ 4:58 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
11 and 12 bladers are starting to appear. And they already lost a couple obviously. this song, your neck is a little bit too thick on this one. You want to have the thinner necks for curing and stay for long Jevity. But a lot of the softball and bigger size come from them big necks. We still hope to get a few like that but way too many last year the baseball size to tennis ball size are the ones that last the longest.
5/24/24 @ 4:50 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
These are my Norland Red,Yukon Gold,and Magic Molly's(Purple potato).
Vegetable Garden photo by SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
5/24/24 @ 4:37 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Gonna snack on some wild walking Egyptian onions tonight and I’ll pick a bunch for bloody Mary’s over the weekend. I have to clear space to get some crops in.
5/24/24 @ 9:32 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Bass I've certainly recognized that in the lettuce I grow!  It is 100 times better tasting than the green leaf lettuce that my wife and kids like! Hopefully I can keep lettuce growing this year.  I'll try and grow some mid-season and see if it grows in warmer temps.  As for the stuff I planted about a month ago and have 3 cuttings so far, typically by mid-June it starts to get bitter and doesn't cut that well anymore.  Cukes and zukes I can't stand either from the grocery store with the exception of those real long ones that are wrapped.  Those cucumbers aren't that bad.
5/24/24 @ 9:28 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I've been wanting to harden off all of my tomatoes and peppers but with working in the office a lot this week and strong winds I haven't been able to do much except yesterday.  Some of my pepper plants would be ready to get planted but I haven't been able to harden them off.  Others are less than an inch tall so they're not ready yet.  Eggplant is ready to harden off but I'll wait for another week...only have so much space outside on my table to place things!  Looking good otherwise.  Garlic is about as tall as I've ever seen!  Hopefully that translates into some big bulbs.  Potatoes have really grown a lot too this week.  How tall do those typically get?  First time growing potatoes so I know NOTHING about them!  I have 3 grow bags like this plus a couple extra potatoes I threw into my garden cause I had room.
Vegetable Garden photo by Fishlovme
Vegetable Garden photo by Fishlovme
5/24/24 @ 9:10 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Saw a great TV show this morning about organic hydroponic and natural farming. And they were showing how the vegetables are buying a grocery store really do not have any nutrients left in them, including fiber they say that lettuce loses all its vitamin C within three days or up to 50%. Some types it also loses taste and people lose interest in it and that’s why we all have diverticulitis and her colon cancer and other health issues naturally, the best you can and eating fresh vegetables taste better more healthier for you. They were showing how when you grow fresh like that some of the lettuce still has antioxidants in it. The stuff you buy will not have it.
5/24/24 @ 8:20 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
I hope you get a chance to see it this year. Let me know when you want to see it hopefully while you’re bringing me some great lake salmon!
5/24/24 @ 8:02 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
You really have a nice garden BMRR, I saw it last year.   Jealous lol
5/24/24 @ 6:34 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Hopefully you guys stocked up on pepto and preparation H along with all those 'rare' peppers    You guys picked some hot ones! My fish peppers are the smallest of all my peppers, even smaller than the paprika which sprouted last and grows slow. Curious to see how the growing goes, keep us posted!

PS - slugs are getting into my cabbage and cauliflower now. Time ​to get that miller.
5/23/24 @ 8:43 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
One of the future homes of my cucumbers. Right now is being occupied by wild Egyptian walking onions. I’ll probably have to throw some dynamite in there to get rid of a few of them.
5/23/24 @ 8:42 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Here’s a table full of stuff that still needs to find a home.
5/23/24 @ 8:41 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
A few more more corners of the Main garden.
5/23/24 @ 8:40 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Right now there is about 8000 lumen give or take a few on the main garden. These are some pictures I can garden at night. I’ve been putting in some stakes and a few of the plants. I usually don’t plant this early but with upcoming surgeries, I will have to I will not plant the cucumbers due to cucumber beetles. I want them moved on at least the first couple of waves of the different types of species before I put them in. 
5/23/24 @ 6:39 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Tomatoes, peppers, oregano, and potatoes all coming along.

Also, plum tree has lots of little fruits starting!

The oregano is already growing at a pretty good clip. 
Vegetable Garden photo by Plmlk
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,658 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE