but gills
User since 1/28/06
What are your destinations?
Displaying 31 to 40 of 104 posts
7/10/16 @ 4:16 PM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

Take a trip up in the space needle,quite the view,then take the elevated train down to the fish market,& get some lunch with a view over the bay.

tour the Boeing plant is a great idea,it's a pretty huge,interesting place.

take an amazing road trip,head north on interstate 5 to Arlington. Head east on 530 to Darrington,then north on 530 towards Rockport. Then head west on 20(cascade loop) thru Concrete,(the town of concrete was in a twilight episode years ago,bizarre)& stay on 20 west till you come back to interstate 5,& head back south. We saw big timber,ice cold trout streams,elk,mule deer,waterfalls,etc...

last,if u have the time. take another road trip down to Black Diamond,& have an early dinner at Black Diamond bakery,& restaurant. Has a great view of Mt. Rainier.

4/5/16 @ 11:36 AM
Greg P
User since 9/27/10
Last time in that area it was all taken down except for a couple of cabin shells that were for sale.Back in the mid 60s we use to stay at Shady Resort 90 year old and 90# Mary Downy use to walk with a cigarette in one hand and an engine in the other.Some images you just never forget.
4/4/16 @ 6:37 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
You guys are geting me all worked up! Tounge Out talking about smallies and wallies. Cabin needs to be powerwashed, painted and reroofed I dont see much vacation from here. Told the wife not to expect much once the weather gets right. Going to be all work and no play for a while.
4/4/16 @ 6:16 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Nif, Cool pics and nice looking Smallies your boys have, really nice coloring. I remember fishing log jams in the Flowage when I was a kid. Have some good memories of TFF. I may fish the flowage again, but I doubt I will stay anywhere on the lake as my father has a place in Vilas, not too far away - on Plum Lake of course lol... Greg- You nailed it, that is exactly where we stayed. Did someone else purchase the resort and it operates under a different name, or did it close all together.
4/4/16 @ 3:07 PM
Greg P
User since 9/27/10
Believe it was Hiawatha,they had one of their cabins that you would have to"walk the plank"to get to.Jack and his brother ? closed many years ago.
4/3/16 @ 5:55 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Plmlk, stay at http://www.flambeauvista.com/ on the Lake Bastine area of the flowage. Beautiful, comfortable accommodations... Scott & Kathy are the best hosts... the TFF is beautiful, good fishing and a true upnorth experience, imo ... not a trophy walleye fishery, but lots of walleyes,very nice panfish, musky and bonus football shaped smallies pics from recent trips: old fart relaxing whilst sons get the boat ready, #3 son with a beautifully marked smallie, #2 son with a typical smallie ... tried to think of where that may have been Plm, but it's not clicking...not a ton of resorts on the flowage
4/3/16 @ 4:58 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Thanks BT - got me thinking for sure! Nif - Where do you stay in TFF? I remember going up there with one of my friends when I was maybe 8 years old. I recall that the cabin we stayed in was accessed by a small foot bridge. We used to fish for crayfish there and throw them in a pot of boiling water, and then pull of the tails and drench them in butter.
4/3/16 @ 9:40 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Plmlk, You won't be disappointed. Not sure how much your wife fishes but there are plenty of other things to do besides fish. Whale watching, sea kayaking, nature hikes, bear viewing fly out trips. Some guests visit the lodge for nothing more than the photography experience. But the fishing would satisfy even the least of anglers because it's not really fishing, it's catching.
4/3/16 @ 8:45 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
God's country in ~ 6 weeks, Flambeau Vista on the beautiful Turtle Flambeau Flowage!
4/3/16 @ 8:24 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I was down in Belize and Honduras a month back fishing the flats for Permit and Tarpon, was a great time. spent most the time in San Pedro, not really a place for kids and it as a bit Dangerous now. It was a Guys trip. I head to Mexico (Punta Allen) in a couple weeks to fish the Second Annual Ascension Bay Permit Tournament. It is mainly a benefit for the Children of Sian Ka'an, which made it an easier sell to the wife. Enrico Pulgisi, friend and fly tier is the host of the Tournament, and my fishing Partner is a well known extremely attractive, and talented female guide from Florida.. Should be fun.. My wife usually gives me the Dull because see fishes in a Bikini when the weather is nice and She is on her own time.. Wife is going with to hang out for the week.. Smile http://www.ascensionbaypermittournament.com/index.html
Displaying 31 to 40 of 104 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE