SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,055 posts
TODAY @ 12:25 PM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
I thought when Stearns left, it would be very damaging. He had some misses, as all GMs do, but overall did a masterful job of operating under the restrictions placed on him by ownership. I've been very impressed by Matt Arnold. He seems to have picked up seamlessly with the challenges of being competitive with an owner who wants to be frugal. I don't feel like they've missed a step in the front office. 
TODAY @ 10:25 AM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
I have a feeling it will be a struggle tonight. The Crew spent a bunch of energy on the last 4 games. The sox could be a tough series. Besides Hader and Burnes, we lost a good coach and gm. I feel the office was not a friendly place after those pitchers were traded. BUT, we now have Murphy. Murphy sure gets the best out of a player. Hope this continues for the season. Go Crew. I think tonight is a 7 start.
TODAY @ 9:57 AM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
pike, Burnes was traded because his agent Scott Boras takes all his clients to free agency. The Brewers had zero chance of signing him due to a owner who wants to do everything on the cheap, and the way the team damaged their relationship during Burnes arbitration hearing previously. It wasn't a question if if they were going to trade him, but when. 

Adames is an interesting question. He's been great so far, but he's traditionally streaky as heck. He's also the best intangible guy on the team, and one if the best in all of baseball. He heads to free agency after this year, and the free agent SS class is awful. He's absolutely the prize for someone looking for a SS. I don't see the Brewers trading him. I think they'll let it play out, let him walk in FA and take their supplemental draft pick. I see Milwaukee being in contention all year, and not being sellers. Then again, there's the Hader deal to look back on. I have heard people in the organization talk since then about how they didn't realize how adversely it would affect the clubhouse. Trading Adames while in contention would gut that team emotionally. I don't think they'll make that mistake again. Next year Ortiz moves to his natural position at SS, where his hit profile fits better. Wilkens should be ready to man 3B and provide power. The Burnes trade sucked seing him leave, but the acquisition of Ortiz set them up for the future on the IF. 
TODAY @ 8:58 AM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
Ok brewers wiped out the northside of Chicago, now its time to take out the southside, playing the sox. Never take a bad team for granted, got to keeper moving. Hopefully yelich will start seeing the ball better, brewers need his production go brewer's...  
TODAY @ 8:39 AM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
So is the Crew gonna pull the Hader and move Adames before the trade deadline? Nobody knows.
5/30/24 @ 10:43 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
How are these guys doing this? Why did the Brewes trade Burnes? (Although Ortiz looks like a good player).
So impressed with the Crew. Excellent series. 
5/30/24 @ 6:54 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Adames hitting. 500 with 2hrs! Dansby 1-18! Who would you prefer?  

Right now Adames but it would have been a tougher call over the last 3-5 year stretch. Very similar numbers from 2021-2023 seasons. Swanson is also a very good defensive SS (won a Gold Glove).

Look I am as excited as anyone about the Crew's play so far this year. Still a long, long season and I would take the Cubs Starting pitchers in a heartbeat over the Crew's. Cubs really have several quality MLB starters with more depth to fill out the 5th/6th guy in the rotation. Hope Gasser continues to eat up quality innings but we need some more depth and we surely can't absorb any more injuries to Freddie, Rea, Wilson etc. Hope we can get a healthy/effective D. Williams back in July. Have to remember we now also get to see the best teams (Phillies, Braves, Dodgers etc) over the next 60 days.  Thought we would be "sellers" in July, but hope we will now be "buyers"..
5/30/24 @ 6:35 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
It’s an Honor to go back and forth with Cubs Fans! JMO I’m just happy we’re in the same division now. Pack/Bears, Cubs/Crew, I love every game! 
5/30/24 @ 6:34 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Chicago could have gotten MURPHY for 50 mil less and done just as well. Lol
5/30/24 @ 6:26 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Yes! Got through the Cubs 'murderers row' of pitchers without a scratch! Adames hitting. 500 with 2hrs! Dansby 1-18! Who would you prefer?  
Should have been a sweep, but ​3 out of 4 OK!
When do we play them again?  
CC had that befuddled look we all remember!
5/30/24 @ 6:07 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Agree! Who are these guys!!!  I'll take it and learn on the fly! Cubs fans imo headed for a darkness retreat scratching there heads wandering how there in 3rd place now! Long Season ,Go Crew!
5/30/24 @ 5:23 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I’m happy for team, but we know it’s a grudge match every series. Glad we got this one. 
Have to be more consistent and win 7/8 out of every 10. Have to keep putting 100% every game. Go Crew! 
5/30/24 @ 5:18 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Congrats Brewers and fans.  I like their energy, style, and aggressive play so far.  Give me young, hungry players that overachieve. Murphy is my kind of manager.  Seems to get the most out of his guys.
5/30/24 @ 3:54 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01
Once again, I say who are theses guys !!  Give me a young aggressive team any day. When they need a player, just call one up from the minors, no problem.
How many more rabbits are left in the hat............. Pitching has been amazing !!
5/30/24 @ 3:40 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Great win today and Series win! 10 games over 500 now( checked math) . +5 1/2 game lead in division. . Different players stepping up each game!!!  Keep er goin Crew!!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 53,055 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE