SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 52,692 posts
TODAY @ 9:42 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
While Yelich's ability to take part in some form of on-field activity is a positive sign as he works his way back from a lower-back strain, he has yet to resume swinging a bat or playing catch since landing on the 10-day injured list on April 16. The Brewers haven't set a firm target date for Yelich's return to the lineup, but at the very least, he doesn't look as though he'll be ready to come off the IL when first eligible this weekend.

Yeli was eligible to come off the IL during the Pirates series but looks like he is still a ways off. Have not heard anything official from the club. I am sure they will be cautious but it hurts the team with the way he started the season. Have not seen any new updates on Mitchell. Still hoping early June (or sooner). I am still amazed where this club is with all these injuries, and of course no Burnes/Woody.   

TODAY @ 8:39 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01
Has anyone heard anything about how Yelich is doing?  
TODAY @ 7:38 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
That Sanchez homer yesterday was something.  Come off the bench to PH with 2 outs and 1 on in the top of the 8th.  Takes an 0-2, 102 MPH outside fastball with movement and places it in the seats to take the Brewers from down 1 to up 1.  Not sure how the heck you do that but he did.  
TODAY @ 7:08 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Nice come back win with a number of guys contributing. Megill gets his firs MLB save. Don't even know some of these BP guys but they are arguably the best part of the team right now.  Contreras just continues to tear it up at the plate...365avg...446 OBP and hitting for power. That HR yesterday was a bomb.   As noted some tough series coming up starting with the Yanks
4/25/24 @ 2:48 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Makes my day! Great win. I can see we are warming up for next week's cubs game. Yep, Chi will need more than one bottle of Jack.   Chi, it's starting. Z, Gill, FLM, next week will be for bragging rights. Go Brewers Go!
4/25/24 @ 2:48 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
It was a boxing match.
Back and forth but the Crew pulls the game out.
7-5
4/25/24 @ 2:47 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01
Freddie didn't have it today, bullpen saved the day. Clutch pinch homer won it, lucky to get out of Pittsburg with a split.
Yanks and Rays at home that will be no picnic !!
4/25/24 @ 6:55 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
11:35 Start today. 
Fastball Freddie on the Hill today.
4/24/24 @ 10:00 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Good win and good pitching
4/24/24 @ 9:25 PM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21
I am still optimistic, just also realistic too. Baseball is always a streaky sport though, with hitting and pitching having various hot and cold streaks throughout a season. Hitting just in a bit of a rut right now. They will bounce back I'm sure. I'm most worried about the pitching holding up an entire season. Bullpen still seems solid. Hoping the starting pitching can continue to stay decent. Peralta and Rea have looked good. After that it's a crap shoot as to how any of those guys might perform going  forward, and we all know Miley will be injured half the season. Definitely like they way they are playing so far though. 
4/24/24 @ 8:44 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Hey Bohdi, We won that one! Be happy & optimistic! Even with two errors in ninth, lousy base running, it still goes down as a W. 
Gotta get better, but our pitching is looking good from all angles. Can’t leave so many on base tho…
4/24/24 @ 8:35 PM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21
Just squeaked out a win tonight. As bad as the pitching depth looks on paper, they have done their part so far. Hitting seems to be regressing and errors on defense as well as baserunning also seem be getting more frequent again. Hope the crew can at least continue to play competitive ball the rest of the year and at least stay in the mix rather than fade out completely.
4/24/24 @ 8:30 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Glad we got the win. Had methinking a few times. My opinion - Wiemer should be in double A. Not good enough for triple A or MLB. We must not have outfield depth. I will take the win.
4/24/24 @ 7:47 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
If they lose this one run game tonight, I would blame it on baserunning. One guy gets picked off first base in 1st inning. Then the stupid send of Frelich to steal home with Contreas at plate and he’s already 3-3.. just dumb!!!
4/24/24 @ 9:02 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
So true!   Boring !
Displaying 1 to 15 of 52,692 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE