SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Crazyotto
User since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 52,717 posts
TODAY @ 12:32 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
"It's amazing what they're doing," manager Pat Murphy said. "We lose three of our starters from last year, lose three of our new starters, so we're filling in with guys that we had no idea would even be in the big leagues. That's a challenge. But here we are, the smallest market in baseball, and we're hanging in there. It's borderline amazing." [via USA TODAY].

I would agree with the Skipper !!!!  

CC--   I would have zero interest in Trevor Bauer.  Have not been keeping track of his mess so not going to comment on that, but the guy has always been a "tool" wherever he pitched. Yep, a talented guy and probably better than several of the patch work guys we are throwing out there today.  Interesting thought but Antman would have to go into hiding the rest of the year if the Brewers tried to bring that whole sideshow into town.  
TODAY @ 12:02 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
No Carpio,we don't need your stale left-overs

TODAY @ 12:01 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09
Excuse my potential ignorance if this has been recently discussed, as I simply don't check in here much anymore, but.......what would y'all think if the Brewers brought in Trevor Bauer?
There's no denying there seems to be a ton of talent there yet, plus he said he would pitch anywhere in the MLB for basically a league-minimum, non-guaranteed contract (plus incentives).  But at the same time, although he has been cleared of all of those messy accusations, there's no denying he'd bring with him an enormous amount of excess baggage (fair or not).  Likely not a lot of teams who want to involve themselves with the media circus his arrival would bring on, especially a small market team such as the Brewers.

I mean, talent-wise, are there any other options to shore up this rotation?  You simply cannot throw this patchwork group of pitchers out here like this for five more months and expect any type of long-term success.  

Thoughts?
TODAY @ 12:00 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
The team could improve immediately by trading ADAMES and sending off Wiemer for free to the Cubs.
TODAY @ 11:07 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Not keen on Yelich trade either. Batters been so up and down. When he comes back, run production can only increase.  Yelich & Contreas
make as good a three-four punch as anywhere in 
Baseball right now.  That’s hard to give up. We do need starters, but let’s not trade away the offense we took so long to find. Yelich seems back to old 
MVP form, we paid him so much for many so-so years. Let’s reap benefits a bit!
TODAY @ 10:40 AM
Carpio
Carpio
2024 YELICH.  BA .333.  hr 5  OBP .422. Slugging .744. OPS 1.166.       Those are great #s 
TODAY @ 8:30 AM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
  Haha right lol
TODAY @ 7:58 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
I don't want to see them give up on Yelich,especially this early in the season. 
Why give up his power from the left side of the plate?
TODAY @ 7:48 AM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
Toronto wants Yellich do they have a decent starter they could let go? Old cheapo the owner would love the money saved.
TODAY @ 7:05 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
It's so early in the season but this team is shaping up to be a good Defensive team,which helps all pitchers. 
I'm more worried about Yelich, he was looking like his old former self.
He isn't being paid the money he gets to lead off.
Lead off hitters drive Chevys and clean up hitters drive Cadillacs.
TODAY @ 6:42 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Murphy doesn’t have much of a choice but to go deeper with his starters. The bullpen isn’t as deep as in previous years with quality relievers that can eat innings. Milwaukee has been spoiled for years with both quality starters and relievers and that’s not the case this season. I don’t know much about their lower level prospects, but they might have to tap that resource to help get through games. 
TODAY @ 6:21 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
One big difference between this year and past with Counsell  is if a starter is getting roughed up, he is just gonna have to stay in and eat the innings.  Murphy isn't taking them out in the 3rd inning and then completely destroying the pen.
4/27/24 @ 10:26 PM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21
Will be interested to see how Myers pitches tommorow. It would be a help if he could develop into a reliable starter that could at least go 5-6 innings even if he gave up some runs. Even then there is no way what they have for starting pitching currently can sustain this team longterm. They have to get some other arms somehow.
4/27/24 @ 9:57 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01
That was nasty !! Yankee's knocked around a couple of batting practice pitchers, manager decided not to burn the over worked pen. Weakness in pitching is starting to show. Crew are going to have tough sledding against good teams. Just have to stay positive and hope for the best. Go Brewers..................
4/27/24 @ 9:15 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Nah!   Both managers are friends so it’s reasonable to think that they’re not going to make each other look bad.  
Displaying 1 to 15 of 52,717 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE