LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites.

7/4/20 @ 8:52 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

This can include all whiskeys that are not bourbon. Irish, Japanese and malt whiskies. This 16 year is incredible. Very smooth. 

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,810 posts
5/9/24 @ 9:35 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Regular Elijah Craig is about 30. The limited toasted release is about 55.
5/9/24 @ 9:34 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Snake you just described me to a T 🤣🤣🤣
5/9/24 @ 8:15 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
That’s what I thought, bought wasn’t sure. I’m definitely not a Con-A-Sewer? I think I like them all! (Except for Scotch).  
5/9/24 @ 8:09 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
How much is the 94 proof HC? 
5/9/24 @ 8:09 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Snake, you tried that at the Lake Como ice fishing gathering
5/9/24 @ 8:04 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Picked up my first bottle of a toasted variety. This one is very smooth. Light on flavor but I like what’s there. To be honest I can’t think of a tasting note that I can use explain.  Would love this one with a higher proof.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Holy Crappie
5/8/24 @ 8:55 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
So the Willet Straight Rye Whiskey review. A lot of people search for this at 106.8 proof. Not sure why but it is not that bad though for a rye. It’s got floral and caramel sent, and the taste basically has caramel, raisins and tea flavor. The finish is at Pepper flavor though.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/8/24 @ 8:26 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Yes, that is a great bottle! Glad you like it. It’s easy accessible and a decent price and it meets the call.
5/8/24 @ 7:58 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
1792 full proof tonight.  Plenty of heat and flavor. I get a spicy raisin flavor which I like.  
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Holy Crappie
5/7/24 @ 6:44 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Glad to hear it glimmer try to pick up the graham cracker notes. That is my favorite in there. The only thing I like better than graham cracker in Whiskey is raisin.
5/7/24 @ 6:40 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Again having trouble when use desktop to review and try to show pic.. here’s the Laddie
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by glimmertwin
5/7/24 @ 6:37 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Someday may need little blue pill, But at least now can say I tried the little blue bottle...
BMR you recommended this one some time ago and as usual, you were spot on.
BRUICHLADDICH, The Classic Laddie, 100 proof. $52.99 at Woodman's in Sun Prairie.
Initial sniff I was very taken back! Just tiny hint of smoke and no peat. HMMM??
Was disappointed, never snorted an Islay Scotch that didn't have plenty of smoke & peat, I love that.
Especially on cold, disagreeable days like today...
This bottle has more print and descriptions about itself than any Liquor I ever purchased.
Much of it is blowing it's own horn about the way it's created so Earth friendly.. Hate to say it,
but their printed politics sound like tree hugging, electric car, Green peace. 
"By Balancing Profit and Purpose, We officially use our Business as a force for good. We discovered that
Whiskey can be a positive force for change. As we continue to reconnect land, community, and Dram” (whatever Dram is?)
Please? have you ever read such nonsense? I mean c'mon, it's booze fer Heavens sake. Are they gonna solve Gaza, Ukraine, Famine, or the seven deadly sins????
Be that as it is, I do really like this Scotch. Very light in color, a pour almost looks like one added water. To me more of a Speyside or Highland taste and for the money, very complex. I wouldn't say one bad thing about the product itself-matter of fact, I would showcase this one. Would serve this to my two friends who kind of got me hooked on scotch. Not showing the bottle till they had made their critical evaluations. On the second 2 ounce pour, am having more smoke, but also a carmel, fruity effect as well.
So smooth from start to finish, hard to articulate how much flavor & how extravagant this taste is.
impossible to complement this bottle enough-did it just hit me in rite mood? Nope was looking forward all day to another smoky, peaty scotch like Ardbeg, or Talisker...Yet this little blue bottle has impressed me enough to tell y'all that I do believe, at 67 years of age, that I will ever finish another bottle singlehandedly, in some fleeting moment of glory,(or dismal abuse) this is one of my top candidates. Bet it's even a fun hangover, where ya sprout Scottish accent and minimum pain & maximum comedy...
Already put a hurting on it with three pours. Again, politics be damned, mita found one to fight Aberlour as me personal fav...Rookie or Pro, buy this one Laddies, life is good!

5/7/24 @ 1:00 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
No not chefs chocolate balls from south park either. 
5/6/24 @ 8:56 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
BMR, are those Svetty balls? I heard about those on SNL one time. 
5/6/24 @ 8:45 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Good looking balls, BMR. Now back to hockey. The Brewers made me drink again.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,810 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE