SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

New License

3/10/16 @ 10:08 AM
INITIAL POST
kill'n time
User since 7/14/09
AS of yesterday I was still not able to purchase the DNR's new patron license for this year. I could not even get a good answer as to when they will be available or the process for sure. Living in an outlaying area it was kind of a wasted portion of the day. So they said it should be able to be done on line? and able to print off carcus tags on home printers.... that sounds a bit cheep even though they wont need to be attached any more. Anyway, anyone finds out when you can actually purchase the new license I would appreciate it since fishing license expires soon.
Displaying 11 to 20 of 88 posts
4/22/16 @ 12:47 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
until they get the bugs worked out, there's still places to buy your basic fishing, hunting, trapping, etc licenses http://dnr.wi.gov/Permits/CSRSP/LicenseAgents.aspx ...note, if you don't enter a city, you get all the locations in the selected county and for full service can hit a DNR Service Center http://dnr.wi.gov/Contact/SSbyCounty.html they say vehicle registrations are online in March and decals will be mailed in April, but it seems there's still a few things they need to iron out
4/22/16 @ 11:17 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Lakeshiner - stop being so logical. Some just want to argue and insult, and that's difficult to do when you make sense. I'm sure the 11 year old figured out how to enter his credit card number for $550 worth of crap and I'm just a whining idiot...
4/22/16 @ 10:38 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
I got a postcard for atv in the mail for our pontoon with the pontoon numbers on it. Got a postcard for the fishing boat with the wrong numbers. I didn't get a postcard for the ATV but did get my stickers for that about 3 weeks later. Still waiting on the stickers for the boats. Been 6 weeks now. I will say though I thought the website was easy to navigate and got all my licenses and toy renewals ordered.
4/22/16 @ 10:32 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Most States have moved to a Fulfillment Provider. Colorado have been using ACTIVE License Fulfillment for a bunch of years, very similar to Go Wild, with a similar process. I might just be use to it.
4/22/16 @ 8:25 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I get that some people just don't get how to use an internet site, especially older people, but primarily the people complaining are all complaining about the service behind the scenes. Guessing an 11 year old kid was not registering his boat for instance LOL. Pretty sure anyone who grew up in the computer age could navigate the site, I don't see that as an issue. I'd love to do business with some people though. Send me a check, I'll cash it and make sure you get nothing in return for at least 1 month. Then I'll send you something you didn't ask for or better yet, someone else's order. No complaining though, you should expect it to work that way. Basically what they did to a lot of people. Wondering Now do I think it will be a real issue? Not really, its just the principle of the whole thing that is irritating. They got what they paid for though. It'll all work out in the end.
4/21/16 @ 12:55 PM
IEATFISH
User since 2/21/09
Renewed my ATV registration with no problems on 4/5, i received new stickers yesterday. It took longer than usual but i thought the website was fairly easy to use. They still had all my past histories, just had to renew. My new boat registration they cashed check on 4/7 and i haven't received anything yet.
4/21/16 @ 12:41 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I just went and purchased my Non-Res Sportsman License and had no issues?
4/21/16 @ 12:35 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11
It should get real interesting this fall when those who only buy a gun deer license use the system for the 1st time. Tim
4/21/16 @ 11:31 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06
I purchased my license on "Go Wild" and I had many concerns and problems. I wish the state would watch a dozen people try to use their site before opening the site to the public. My first concern was whether I was at the official government site to buy a license. Pretty pictures are nice but I do not want to be scammed at a fraudulent site. How about a sheet of instructions you can read before going too far at the site. I was confused by certain terms such as "Conservation license". In Canada that is a term used for a license that requires you to release fish and not take any home. I finally called Madison with my questions. Do I need a paper license? Apparently it is a good idea if you fish areas of Lake Michigan that border other states. Do I need to setup an account? What are advantages of a plastic card? I think it will be easier next time I use the site.
4/20/16 @ 3:45 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I need to vent on the "Go Wild" system. It should be called "Drive You Wild with Blood Curdling Rage" system. I just spent a solid 45 minutes renewing 2 boats, registering a new ATV, buying my patron's license, and filling out all related hunting license applications. Click 'Checkout' and it takes you to another page that says it will take you outside the system for payment. Click 'Continue' and it thinks for a good long while, then brings you back to the cart with the 'Checkout' button. Lather, rinse, repeat. What a flipping joke. I called customer service, another 15 minutes gone. "They are receiving high call volumes, please wait on the line..." I wonder why that is. I got tired of waiting for someone that wasn't going to help me anyway so I hung up. If the DNR was a private business competing in a capitalized economy, they would have been out of business eons ago. Why is this level of garbage accepted when we as taxpayers are footing the bill? Thank you for your time. Rant over.
Displaying 11 to 20 of 88 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE