SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

New lawnmower

5/13/14 @ 8:59 PM
INITIAL POST
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02
Well the old one has died , but it did the job for 12- 15 years so who's complaining . But now the hunt begins . I am looking for a self propelled that is a mulcher - bagger . I would like to stay about 300 $ . Last one was a Craftsman . Know I do not want a MTD or other cheap brand . Craftsman, Toro ? Ideas, pros , cons . Let's hear em guys . Thanks .
Displaying 51 to 60 of 63 posts
5/14/14 @ 5:34 AM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08
I got a Honda mulcher / rear bagger @ 13 years ago, it's been great, wouldn't hesitate to get another, I highly recommend Honda. The twin-bladed design does a great job of mulching, I keep the blades extra sharp to help it along; NexIte deck is impervious to rust and easy to clean, rear bagging option is great for bagging leaves in the fall (and we've got a lot of leaves!). Hydrostatic drive makes it easy to adjust self-propelled speed on-the-fly. The downside: Honda mowers ain't cheap, I got mine as a customer return for @ $350, but brand-new, they can run @ $700 (ouch!).
5/14/14 @ 4:13 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
I'm thinking about getting a new lawn mower and dishwasher. I just hope she cleans fish too.
5/13/14 @ 11:25 PM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09
my brother bought a toro last year.......200 bucks to fix it this year. I bought a craftsman 3 years ago,rear wheel drive,bagger,electric start,350 bucks and not a problem. this is my second craftsman and when needed I will get a third.
5/13/14 @ 9:13 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Yea and you do not have to mix the oil with the gas
5/13/14 @ 9:08 PM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
Runs Great. Really.
5/13/14 @ 9:03 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
I had a craftsman for many years also,however Sears does not repair or fix things like before so I went to toro. could not be more pleased with my selection. Self propelled 22inch rear bagger. I love it!!!
Displaying 51 to 60 of 63 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE