SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Misc. Sports.

5/6/23 @ 2:13 AM
INITIAL POST
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05

The old thread disappeared, here’s the new one.

Kentucky Derby today !!  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 80 posts
4/25/24 @ 3:55 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
Chuck Norris would have no problems with that G.
4/25/24 @ 7:29 AM
4/17/24 @ 3:04 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Let's see Chuck Norris do that!  He better tighten up his depends.
4/17/24 @ 2:05 PM
Thrash
Thrash
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
115' wave?  No, thank you!  Wow, that takes steel ball bearings for certain.  Had to be an adrenalin rush.
4/17/24 @ 1:50 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
That’s pretty cool Top. 
4/17/24 @ 12:53 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
How many of you LL'ers are doing this on your day off????
4/17/24 @ 12:46 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
So Caitlan Clark on Pat McAfee show, ESPN just goes to commercial in middle of her answer.

4/16/24 @ 1:08 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
 Caitlin Clark’s first contract in the WNBA
Misc. Sports. photo by topam
3/24/24 @ 11:30 AM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04
What a weekend of Misc. Sports.. Friday and Saturday was the 4H Tri County Shooting Sports Tournament.. Over 200 youth shooting Archery and or Air Rifle from all over the state at Washington County Fairgrounds..

NCAA Wrestling Tournament was also the last Couple days.. Penn State dominated as expected. Starrcosi and Brooks both 4x champions. They took 4 of the 10 weights and had 6 in the finals. Vito and Cornell took a DISTANT second. Penn State set the team record and largest margin of victory..
Misc. Sports. photo by mudbucket
3/18/24 @ 8:19 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
A little venting on my part.
WIAA Wisconsin Basketball Tourney NO public schools from Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Racine, Eau Claire, La Crosse made it to the tourney. Their Suburbs were there and private schools dominated the championships taking 4 out of 5. Reasons? Speculating - Covid closers for two years in the big cities and the suburbs and private schools kept their schools open? open enrollment? Or A down year? The big cities used to dominate.
Another point as having attend the tournament this year and for many years the Kohl Center is a wonderful place for the games but the parking sucks, especially since the City of Madison demolished a 500 space parking structure down the block. I wonder how many people got parking tickets for parking in 2 hour zones which surround the neighborhood because there is no place to park for 9,000 fans and all the UW students and businesses in the area. Saturday was really bad because of Badger Women’s Hockey next door at 2pm.

3/17/24 @ 5:59 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
Wisconsin has a National Champion !!  A big congratulations to the UW-River Falls Lady Falcons hockey team on winning the D3 National Championship with a 4-1 win today over Elmira College of NY. The Falcons finish the season with a perfect 31-0 undefeated Season ! Way to go ladies.
Misc. Sports. photo by antler junkie
3/15/24 @ 9:09 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
What a game !! A 4 OT thriller in the WIAA Div.1 semi-final. Arrowhead outlasts Neenah 99-95.
2/26/24 @ 5:22 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
MB- Appreciate your perspective, I know you are a much bigger (more knowledgeable) wrestling fan than me.  Do agree about the PSU comments and sending in their "B" team  . Sanderson has built an elite program.  
2/26/24 @ 8:36 AM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04
Lot of people would agree about UW not getting the local kids.. I respectfully disagree, and give them credit for getting kids from outside the State.. 
Many will disagree, but WI is NOT a top State to recruit in.. Great kid's and maybe an up and coming State, but they are getting some great Illinois kid's..
Look at 285 for example.. 3 great kids, "D1- D3" state champions, and Dillion Johnson beat all 3 in one tournament. Gratz, Mirasola and Hopke, if I remember correctly. Johnson is a Wisconsin recruit that was going to Northwestern.. Wonder if Dean Hamiti had anything to do with it.. You could look at 165 and wish O'Toole was here, but Hamiti was a top recruit also.. 165 is going to be a great weight to watch at NCAAs. Mitchell Mesenbrink "Arrowhead" is doing awesome as well. 
Looking forward to the NCAAs.. Again this year will be a battle for 2nd.. Maybe Penn State should enter the b team also..

Johnson may not Wrestle, he is a great Football recruit also..
2/25/24 @ 9:04 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
I enjoyed watching the WIAA wrestling event last night. Just crazy how many kids now are getting to be 3 and 4 time State Champions. 
The Mirasola twins will do well at Penn State. Just amazes me that Cole Mirasula goes up to 285lbs and still wins state titles giving up 50-75 lbs to most of the guys he faces.

I stated this last year but it is unfortunate so many highly ranked Wisconsin kids end up going out of state. Minnesota had 3-4 recruits last night and I know Missouri is getting a great talent with Sinclair. Badgers would really have an upcoming program if they could keep these top high school kids in Madison.   
Displaying 1 to 15 of 80 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE