SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Gripe Site 2.0

9/2/23 @ 6:29 PM
INITIAL POST
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

We purchased our Dodge Grand Caravan new in 2021.  This week while getting an oil change it was discovered that the transmission fluid is leaking, and we were down a quart.  It's under 60000 miles and six years so it should be covered on the powertrain warranty.  So, we call our friendly Dodge dealer and find out it was built in Canada and no warranty in the states.  WTF!  Didn't read the fine print but really.

Fortunately, we took out an extended warranty, and it should be covered, we'll find out in a few weeks.

I will never go to that dealer again and highly doubt I'll ever get another FCA product.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 389 posts
4/21/24 @ 12:24 PM
voldie
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/11
Wisco, my wife had same issue with an LG phone. Was with US Cellular though. She decided to just keep it so I  turned it off and restarted it and has been fine ever since.
4/21/24 @ 11:55 AM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18
I realized Friday that the (smaller?)  phone speaker on my iphone wasn't working. Only the "louder" speaker worked. I was at Walgreens waiting on a prescription and didn't want to make work calls with everyone able to hear.

So I stopped at the nearest Verizon store to see if the problem could be fixed.

About 10 minutes into a conversation with a nice young man,I realized I was being hustled into buying a new phone instead of getting my "old" (iphone XR) fixed. When I asked about getting this one fixed - since we do pay the insurance on the phones - he said that "this way you don't have to be bothered filing a claim" and since it was only $17 - AND I get a $5/monthly credit to my bill - this way made more sense.

So...the $17 is a one time payment?..."no, that's monthly too." How long?..."36 months".

So...for $600 and change I don't have to be bothered filing a claim?...Do you get commission for selling phones?

He wasn't so nice after that. But yes, he gets commission.

My replacement phone came Saturday.

I'm not some senile old goat that can be fast-talked into unnecessarily spending money. I could outwork and likely outfight that soft-handed, fast talking little sh!t.

I'm tempted to stop by and have a talk with the manager but chances are good that it's store policy to prioritize the selling of new phones over "fixing" the old ones.

There is no way that young salesman could be described as honest and forthright. Dishonest little weasel is more like it.
4/20/24 @ 9:19 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11
Shrinkage!

Everything I buy seems smaller these days, and my hand s aren’t getting bigger!

How does that get calculated into inflation….
4/20/24 @ 8:27 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18
Thanks,Eyesman...I had cleared it but still had the problem...I left to do a couple jobs,came back and it's magically fixed.
4/20/24 @ 11:03 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
Wisco, if the search bar still has something typed in it, then it will only display what was searched for. You have to manually clear the search bar by using the backspace symbol until the search bar is clear. That may be the problem you’re having. 
4/20/24 @ 10:56 AM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18
I have a Lake-Link search function problem. I had it once before and was given good advice but I do not remember what it was.

I did a search for 'Verizon' on the LL search function. Now Now I can only get the general forum menu - fishing,hunting,campfire,etc - but if I click on that general forum the screen goes back to the search. I can click on a specific subforum - like 'Gripe site 2.0 - but I cannot get the entire subforum menu.

I deleyed LL from the 'recents',shut down the pc,logged out and back in a couple times...

Any hints on how to fix this?

Thanks.

ps - I should have just posted what i was gonna post here on the Gripe Site as it was kind of a gripe - about Verizon - but I figured being more specific was better....I went in with a minor problem with my phone but the guy doesn't want to help fix my phone. He wants to sell me a new phone. (hint: No commission for helping people with the problem they came in for. Commission only for selling a new phone. I'll go into detail later.)
4/20/24 @ 10:22 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
brews I'll expand on that and mention toilet paper prices!  It's up to like a buck per roll now...insane!  We use 3 to 4 rolls a week in our house, so that adds up!  Used to be half that price about a decade ago!
4/19/24 @ 9:01 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
Toilet paper rolls. How about just sell regular size, no jumbo or mega rolls. They don't fit any holders in our house, so annoying. 
4/8/24 @ 5:33 PM
Outa line
User since 8/9/21
Buying votes with money that will be earned by people that aren’t even born yet no less . . . . . 
4/8/24 @ 5:04 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Paying off student loans is just buying votes
4/8/24 @ 4:50 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
I paid my student loan back in full plus interest and we ( my wife ) paid her’s  off twice.  She went back and got her nursing degree after we were married with two young child.
No one paid our loans off. I work two jobs at times to keep our heads above water. It sure would been nice to have Uncle Sam step in and paid everything. Would help the young to learn what a dollar is. A loan is to be paid back.
4/8/24 @ 4:26 PM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20
Snake
Unfortunately these have happened over the years.  The Southwest jet was highly likely the maintenance guys did not latch the cowls together properly.  Lot of pressure to make turn times, or overnight maintenance guys over tired got sloppy.  
The Bombardier CRJ 200 (50 passenger aircraft) had a big problem with cowling popping off for years.  They redesigned it and the problem went down but not fully away.
Tires falling off are several times a year.  Other panels that are opened for ground air conditioning or electrical power are some times left open and wind pulls them off.
Now with everyone having a photos and instant internet access to share we see it more where before it was a small group of people knew about it and not publicized as much.  
4/8/24 @ 3:32 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
4/8/24 @ 3:18 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
I feel much safer in a puddle jumper nowadays.
4/8/24 @ 8:47 AM
Pro User1
User since 12/11/22
Got to be caused by climate change, right?  Seems like the easy explanation for any anomaly nowadays.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 389 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE