MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,073 posts
TODAY @ 12:57 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I can't imagine being a sports fan where you aren't allowed to question anyone that is supposedly an expert.  That would be boring as all get out.  And it's just discussion.  I was super pissed when they traded down with T.J. Watt on the board to take Kevin King.  How did I possibly know from my couch what ​the draft room full of experts didn't?  

I'm guessing the oil change guy loves Bar Down when he comes in.  "Look, I'm the expert here, and I'm telling you you need pads, rotors, new calipers, new tires, etc. etc.  Don't question me, I do this for a living."    
TODAY @ 12:41 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
BarDown,

"Doesn't everyone know by now that a draft can't be judged until a couple years post mortem?"

I sure hope we don't have to wait two years past all these draft picks dying to assess the draft!    
TODAY @ 10:44 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Yes, opinions vary…even within the Packer draft room.  Gute is drafting with an eye to the future.  Both in terms of years and how the board shapes up for future selections.  Some picks will hit and others will miss the mark.
TODAY @ 8:22 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
Why does everybody seem to think that when you say you're surprised and/or disappointed by the pick you're challenging the Packers decision or saying they F'd up?

It's simply a discussion!!!!!! I would NEVER claim to know more than them and I think that goes for anybody on this board........ it's just discussion, exactly what this "General Discussion" board was intended for.
TODAY @ 8:18 AM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
I hope the newbie has as much talent as Bak. My only worry is he won't be able to slam a beer as fast as Bak! It will be interesting to watch him grow. Go Pack Go!
TODAY @ 8:17 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
It seems the GB OL is always one of the best in the league, so we must do something right in evaluating these guys.

I think that's were the surprise and some disappointment come in, they have been very successful at getting guys in mid-rounds that turn out to have solid careers along the OL. I agree that depth was important there and the first round was dominated by offensive players so they wanted to grab while the getting was good.

I'd like to see him take the 58 and 91 and come up into a better spot in the second the have two picks at the top of the round. NE may be willing to sell and you could really move up. DB and LB and then your solid.
TODAY @ 8:04 AM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
LISTED AS GUARD AT CIMBINE AND DIDN'T FINISH DUE TO HANSTRING
TODAY @ 7:57 AM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
The angst from guys that think they know more than a professional NFL talent evaluator is always amusing. I'll go with the guy who has an entire NFL scouting dept at his disposal, not the guy sitting on his couch worshipping his copy of self appointed expert Mel Kipers draft bible. Doesn't everyone know by now that a draft can't be judged until a couple years post mortem? 
TODAY @ 7:49 AM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
MORGAN      GUY SEEMS LIKE   A   SOLID  LT   "WHEN HEALTHY",,,,,
TODAY @ 7:45 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
After sleeping on it, I feel a little better.  Morgan's combine scores had him the #1 offensive lineman.  Definitely something to work with there.  It seems the GB OL is always one of the best in the league, so we must do something right in evaluating these guys.  I was just looking for something a little more flashy.  If the Packers can have a top half defense, they should be able to compete for SB's.  If they can have a top 10 defense, they can win SB's.  
TODAY @ 7:37 AM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01
Don’t know why, but I’ve come to realize that the only part of Packer football I still enjoy is reading the comments from threads like this one.  I don’t watch the games anymore .  I occasionally listen if the radio happens to be tuned to the right channel.  Just not enjoyable. Carry on.  Thanks for the free entertainment. 
Personally, I hope they pick Billy Bob Rubick from Texas before the draft is over.  
TODAY @ 7:35 AM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09
Packer Fans are never happy with any draft picks until they are. They didn't like it when Rodgers or Love were picked and that has seemed to work out so far. Its a solid pick that fills a need. It may seem vanilla but I'm good with it. I trust this franchise and their research on players. GO PACK!
TODAY @ 7:25 AM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
THIS MAKES SENSE WITH THE RECENT CHATTER OF TOM MOVING TO CENTER NRXT YEAR RATHER THAN RESIGNING MYERS. AT  WHAT POINT DO THE PACKERS TRY TO WIN NOW INSTEAD OF ALWAYS BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE. KIND OF UNDERSTAND RODGER'S FRUSTRATIONS A LITTLE BETTER NOW. WELL, MAYBE NUBIN OR MELTON AT 41 WILL MAKE ME FEEL BETTER ,,,,,MAYBE
TODAY @ 7:24 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Lots of good players left at positions of need.  CB..OL..Safety..LB etc.  Don''t expect DeJean to last until #41.. Maybe Kool-Aid..at CB. Of course Cooper at LB and OL guys (Powers-Johnson, etc).  Maybe even one of the DT's (Newton, Fiske etc).. Lots of options
TODAY @ 7:13 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
He still has a lot of Draft Capital left. I’m never surprised anymore. They needed to reinforce OL and could still trade up for S/CB. Will the Gute make a move? Or think he doesn’t ? Alls I know is it won’t be what I think🥴
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,073 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEXâ„¢ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE