MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,088 posts
TODAY @ 11:21 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Certainly some picks of need, and getting probably the best LB/Cooper in the class should be a good move. I also don't know much about the other LB but I heard Gute's press conference and he mentioned they definitely needed to add some LB's for this new defense.   An athletic Safety to pair with McKinney certainly has upgraded that position group. Never know about RB's and the transition to the NFL but Lloyd is certainly more athletic than Dillon. Sounds like he needs to work on ball security but he should help that group. As noted I was surprised that no CB's were taken but we still have tomorrow. Would guess we may see some more OL/DL guys. 
TODAY @ 10:07 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I agree, not sure day 2 could’ve gone better. Know nothing about the last LB taken, but based on the first 3 picks today,in Gute I currently trust.   
TODAY @ 8:54 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Gute killin it on Day 2?!!!!  Love it!

Go Pack Go!!
TODAY @ 7:32 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
MFL
We already had a bunch of picks (11). I doubt 11 rookies make the team. Picks from rounds 5,6,7 are longshots at best to make the team. A bunch of good DB's went off the board just before they picked at 45. I think safety/corner was maybe GB's biggest need.  I think they got a very good player at 45 but need was greater for DB.JMO
TODAY @ 7:29 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
That was a very impressive move!  Get two more picks and then still get the best LB in the draft.  That is very well done!  When they first traded back and then there was that run on CB’s I was worried, but love this pick.  
TODAY @ 7:22 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
The Cooper pick had me on the Edge of my seat.
TODAY @ 7:19 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
Why not?  More picks, more opportunities to grab a player that contributes.  My guess is they got the ILB they wanted at #45.
TODAY @ 7:16 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09
Love the Cooper pick, but I'm just some guy, so what the heck do I know.  They were able to trade down to get him too, so all the better.  With the extra picks they got, I'd foresee them trading up here at some point tonight to get another target.  Where and how do they value a safety in the new Hafley defensive scheme?
Time will tell!
TODAY @ 7:05 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
They got pick #45,  #168, and #190. Why I don't know.
TODAY @ 7:00 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19
No Cooper No Kool-Aid? What did the Pack get for trade? GO PACK GO
TODAY @ 4:33 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I like that one FL! 
TODAY @ 3:55 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Yep!  
GREEN BAY PACKERS photo by Fishlove
TODAY @ 3:36 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09
I'll leave my approximately semi-annual comment.  
The pick?  Meh!  Is what it is.  We need OL help, they thought he was the best on the board, so no-brainer.  Flashy?  Nope!  A guy everyone knew?  Nope!  It seems that GB has had just as much success finding starting OL's in later rounds (or undrafted FA's) just as much as in early rounds.  Bahk was the first pick in round four, correct?? He turned out OK.  But if he's a guy you liked better than anyone left, and feel there was "value" in that spot, you take him, no matter the round.

The "man-crush" so many people have on DeJean...I mean I get it, but I don't get it. I think the majority of his popularity from some on here is that they've heard of him, and/or have seen him play.  Before I say more, heck yes...he's one heck of a player, and I've love to see him as a Packer.  But let's also be cognizant of the fact that EVERY OTHER GM in the league not named "Gutey" also passed on him in round 1.   But I believe the arm-chair "draft experts" over-valued him due to his relative mid-western popularity.   Big Ten school, he made life difficult for our Badgers.  Pick-sixes, punt returns...he was everywhere.  He's also.....not sure how to say this, but..."relatable"?  He's the "kid next door" type who mows Grandmas lawn across town, or you saw him play high school ball, or you had a few beers with his uncle at the bowling alley last Friday night.  Midwest AF....one of the boys. An "everyman".  A person who you cheer for more than others because of the above, so you feel internally invested in his success, and you want to see that success as a Packer.  I mean, you "relate" more to him than a kid named "Kool-Aid" from Alabama or a Samoan-born lineman from the Pac-10.  
Does that horrible ramble make any sense at all?  Anyhow........

Sure, two picks in round 2.  A DB and LB would be grand, and there's a few guys out there that would seemingly fit the bill. We all think we know what they need.....so the most likely scenario will be to trade up to grab another OL, and trade back to pick up a WR.  (So, that was tongue in cheek.  I hope....)       Only time will tell, and no matter what we want or think, Gutey and the boys will do as they please.  The anticipation, and then people complaining about the pick are always entertaining.  Peace out, and GO PACK!  
TODAY @ 3:29 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
The #Packers have 10 picks the next two days (four tomorrow). The rest of the NFC North has 12 picks the next two days (two tomorrow).

Saw the NFL network reported the Packers are trying to move up in Rd 2. Who knows what information is real this time of year?? I really doubt DeJean would make it to #41 but I did not think he would get out of the 1st rd. Last year we took Musgrave, Reed and Kraft on day two while also getting additional picks that netted us Wicks, Brooks. Not sure Gute has ever had a better day in the draft. Four picks tonight, hope to find a starter or two ..and/or..some quality depth.   
TODAY @ 3:20 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Will DeJean make it as far as the Packers #2 pick and if he does, will they take him?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,088 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE