SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Deadliest Catch

3/20/06 @ 6:59 PM
INITIAL POST
bass kisser
User since 1/2/05
New season of Deadliest Catch coming on Discovery Channel on March 28th. Anybody young and crazy enough out there to try something like that?

Displaying 20 to 29 of 578 posts
4/25/17 @ 10:18 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Hadn't heard about that. Course that's nothing they'd talk about on the show.

TI'm

4/25/17 @ 10:01 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Looks like Jake Harris is in a boat load it trouble (again)... Car theft and drug possession . On a vacation? With an unidefied married woman.. 

4/25/17 @ 9:13 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Anybody watching the latest season? Some minor changes but same old drama.

Tim

8/30/16 @ 9:33 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I arrived in Kodiak on Friday for a return trip to chase salmon, halibut and rockfish.  I didn't get any pictures yet but the Cornelia Marie has been salmon tendering in the area and has been in the harbor offloading and refueling.

We were in the Shelikof Straight closer to Afognsk Island yesterday fishing for big halibut when the Coast Guard began hailing all vessels notifying that a boat's EPIRB was activated off of Kodiak Island and that all boats should keep an eye out for them or signs of them.  Didn't hear yet if they've been found.  Scary.

6/22/14 @ 12:30 PM
6/18/14 @ 2:20 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Did anyone see the Dead Fox prank that Jake Anderson played on Sig's daughter an episode or two ago? I’ve been watching for it to show up on Youtube but it hasn’t. Funny stuff. Hopefully someone else saw that so they know what I'm talking about. My wife and I were walking on a local trail on Sunday and she stepped in a big pile of goose poop. I pointed at her foot and yelled, “Dead Fox”! Even she thought it was funny.
5/2/14 @ 1:42 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
The men on those boats make a salary depending upon what type of crab they are fishing for,the amount of pounds caught and what the price is of the crab going to market. Two seasons ago the men of the "Wizard" fishing for king crab made over 100K a piece.
5/1/14 @ 7:33 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Good point ditto, not sure what they make, but they earn every penny....
5/1/14 @ 10:04 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Plmlk, Yes they make good money but the season is longer than a month. They have to be there to get the boat and gear ready then after the season they have to again get the boat and gear ready.
4/30/14 @ 8:05 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
I sat down last night with all of my walleye trolling gear and a very cold beverage to enjoy a night of Catch. I must say The Bait had me rethinking my choice and I switched between it and the Brewer game. I did not care for the "reality" attempt of Bait. Sig should lay off the smokes. He was totally gased after the survival suit contest, which I found totally uninstresting. The actual fishing episode was good and got back to what I enjoy about the show and what's kept it on the air for 10 years. Legend hit it out of the park. I really enjoyed the indepth look at a single boat. The history, the family, other aspects of the fishing industry. I particularly liked the building of the boat part. I was hooked. Finished off the evening with a Brewers win. Got all my rods respooled and home made tattle flags installed on the boards. DC started out questionable but I am back on board for next week!
Displaying 20 to 29 of 578 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE