MORE
General Discussion

Cool things you built at home or at work

6/10/19 @ 2:53 PM
INITIAL POST
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Built this shelf for a little more room in our pantry.

Cool things you built at home or at work photo by westfieldW
Displaying 30 to 44 of 494 posts
1/2/24 @ 11:29 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
hockeyguy,  that buck likely grosses +/- 150". 
1/2/24 @ 9:07 AM
roofer
User since 6/6/04
Thanks I have all winter to get it done right this time.
1/1/24 @ 9:24 PM
mskyadk
PRO MEMBER User since 11/11/01
Use some UV rated sealer, it's expensive C note per/quart.
1/1/24 @ 9:19 PM
mskyadk
Picked up 1x10's and stripped them on a table saw, 76 board feet. Manards has red cedar.
1/1/24 @ 9:02 PM
roofer
User since 6/6/04
MSKYADK Where do you get the strips of cedar?. I ​have an old fiberglass canoe that i replaced ​the gunnels twice with redwood and cheap pine. I've had it 45 yrs and can't give it up yet. Thanks
1/1/24 @ 8:34 PM
mskyadk
2 long weekends sure helped get things moving. Going to be a lot of sanding soon. Next build I am getting a table top planer(going to be a wine glass row troller)
Cool things you built at home or at work photo by mskyadk
12/26/23 @ 8:41 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Snagger, holy smokes, very nice attention to detail - good stuff.

MS and Hockey - good stuff!  Fun thread 
12/25/23 @ 12:41 AM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
Hey snagger that’s some amazing craftmenship!
12/24/23 @ 9:23 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Thanks! I'd like to think I'd be good at painting; however, my wife would apparently disagree. Whatever. Got me out of having to help paint the house when we moved in lol.  I wish I was a bit more artistically inclined because I agree something in the background would look nice. I had thoughts of getting a red sky sunset over a cornfield picture I took during this season blown up for a wall wrap in the bump out too. We'll see where that goes. I am planning a base out of sanded 2x4 and plywood that will be covered with some more natural materials. Should be fun to tinker with!

Outaline, Thanks and no I haven't. I meant to try measuring it before hanging but I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. If you'd care to provide an estimate i'm all ears/eyes!
12/24/23 @ 5:16 PM
mskyadk
Hockey, like the fence. Fall Fence line paint job on the wall would really bring that together.
How are you as a painter?
12/24/23 @ 12:43 PM
Outa line
User since 8/9/21
Wow Hockey - that is one heck of a buck. Did U get a score on that?
12/24/23 @ 11:46 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
mskyadk, I'm very sorry for your loss. That really sucks. i followed your build to an extent and was really impressed by your abilities. But now that you REALLY know what you're doing, hopefully this build goes a little faster for you...although you can't rush quality! 
Case in point...my display project I rushed to get in place while my brother in law was over for Christmas yesterday. I'm not skilled in wood working (obviously LOL) but feel I was able to put together a decent looking section of fence out of a couple 8' cedar logs to hang some antlers. There are definitely some finishing touches needed but at least it's in place and my shoulder mount finally has a home! 
Cool things you built at home or at work photo by hockeyguy39
12/24/23 @ 7:32 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
mskyadk please show progress pictures! I absolutely love this kind of stuff!
12/23/23 @ 7:06 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Wow!!!! That’s a project!! Great work.
12/23/23 @ 2:41 PM
mskyadk
Well after my 1st canoe got crushed when my garage collapsed in one of the March snow storms here I go all over. You will see the 1st overhead, outboard went right through the bottom. Some day I will try and save it.
Displaying 30 to 44 of 494 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE