INITIAL POST
Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 12,085 posts
6/3/24 @ 4:16 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
I agree! This is getting out of hand! Expect some trash talk with border wars. But comments from both sides are little much imo. Play nice and hand the ball to ref when you score! ( I'm guilty).
6/3/24 @ 2:41 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Not from me. I can fight my own battles. There were some Cub fans that used to comment all the time on this thread and gave up because of the constant BS from some people. The only one that’s been booted more times than anyone is responsible for his own actions. I don’t see any Cub fans going on the Brewers thread to the extent that happens here. Chitown makes a comment now and then, but his comments aren’t malicious like what goes on here. 
6/3/24 @ 2:32 PM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
That and a bunch of  Darin, Darin. 
6/3/24 @ 2:22 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Exactly FL!
It’s easier for you to troll about something that you know nothing about than look into the facts. Maybe talking out your a*s is what causes so many name changes 
6/3/24 @ 2:08 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Fishlovme,
Thinking maybe all the followup comments will help answer your questions!  
It's a rivalry, always was and always will be!  
6/3/24 @ 2:05 PM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
Yep sure did.. alot  has changed since then as you predicted.  
6/3/24 @ 1:59 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
They held the Brewers scoreless through 7 innings. The bullpen couldn’t hold the 1 run lead. The Cubs did come back and win the next 2 games and won the series  
6/3/24 @ 1:54 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
For a guy with the higher education, I would think you would research the items you mentioned. I mean you’re a numbers guy and it can’t be that difficult for you to find. All the data is available to back my claims if you’re not too lazy to look for it.   
6/3/24 @ 1:54 PM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
Well maybe they should have rallied around the cubs, maybe they would have won.   
6/3/24 @ 1:45 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
FLM, HFCB, bring up points. I look at it like nice shoes. One side is nice, and the other side might have dog poo on it. Same shoe, two sides. Or, you could say "smack is back". Play ball! Both teams have great fans. I learn a lot from fans showing stats to prove a point. Hey, FLM, nice beer! (from the game photo)
6/3/24 @ 1:44 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Nah, sometimes just need to respond when some fans say ridiculous things about my team (Brewers)
- have had easiest schedule (Nope)
- never face any top pitchers (Nope)
- can't sell out stadium (Seriously?)
- Won't be leading end of May(now June)
- Losing against bad teams in the 5th inning(thought games were 9 innings?)
- Now it's haven't played a first place team (what next?)
As I've said, I have relatives/friends who are Cub fans and we have fun with the rivalry win or lose (yes, over some beers) and often go to games together sitting through many rain delays at ol Miller Park. 
Why some take a game so seriously is beyond me. Just having fun as most Brewers fans!   
6/3/24 @ 1:39 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Caleb Williams threw out the first pitch at that game. The Cub fans rallied around their new quarterback. 
Get over it!

FLM…My wife was treated the same way back at County Stadium when the Brewers were in the American League and were playing the White Sox.
Need I say they were sorry they did.
6/3/24 @ 1:29 PM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
What about may 3rd. At Wrigley, fan base was yelling GREENBAY SUCKS, and go on to lose the game.  That sure didn't look like warm friendly folks as you described them. 
Chicago Cubs photo by hunt-fish-campfire-beer
6/3/24 @ 1:08 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Fishlove do you sit and read all about the Cubs so that you can post their stats on a Cubs thread?  Why not just stick to your favorite team and do that then instead of bashing the Cubs!  The Cubs are a great team, they just aren't hitting well right now.  Lots of injuries, blah blah, no excuse, but it's the truth.  After the all star break watch out for this team!  And who cares if they win their division or just make a wild card?  Once you're in, you're in and it matters how you do from that day on!  This team gets into the playoffs I have a feeling they'll go far!  Like Zman, I'm not worried one bit yet.  Also, would 20,000ish Brewers fans wait 3 and a half hours during a rain delay to watch their team play and go past midnight?  There's some amazing fans in Chicago!  I grew up in Wisconsin watching the Cubs for two reasons: my family grew up in Chicago, and WGN broadcasted games way up in Green Bay (and everywhere, for that matter).  It was easier to watch a Cubs game than it was a Brewers game, and that's still true cause Brewers games are blacked out on MLB TV if you live in Wisconsin!  I had a blast at the game Saturday and had some real great conversations with some fans, all over the ball park!  At Miller (Am Fam Field now) one time my female friend got harassed by 4 Brewers fans in their mid-20's I'd say because she was wearing a Cubs jersey! I have never seen that at Wrigley for people harrasing the other team, matter of fact, we'll drink beer with ya!
6/3/24 @ 10:25 AM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Glad to see fishloveme goes to a game and waits out the rain. That is a good fan. The cubs will be back. Z, Chi, by the end of the year we will have to talk trash. Just like neighbor kids. Cubs/Bears all in good fun.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 12,085 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE