INITIAL POST
Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,901 posts
TODAY @ 7:41 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
Instead of planting some Japanese Edamame beans this evening, I've chose to watch the Cubs instead. 
It won't be 2-2 for long with the wind really blowing at Wrigley. 
TODAY @ 7:34 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Way to work the pitcher and tie the game bottom of 2nd
TODAY @ 7:29 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
Ahh Zman, the voice of reason...
These upcoming games will tell the tale of whether the Cubs can compete this year.

I'm still very,very worried 😟 
TODAY @ 7:12 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Fonzie…”There you go with more of the negative waves. Have a little faith baby, have a little faith.”

Quote from the movie “Kelly’s Hero’s”
TODAY @ 6:37 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
Hey Chi, take care.

I hope for a 5-5 result for the next 10 games, but I fear it'll be 2-10...

I try to be positive, but I still feel this all encompassing negative foreboding.

I can't quantify it...
TODAY @ 5:42 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Yep! Just sports Chi! Take care and hopefully you will feel better soon! We are all just human beings!
God Bless!
TODAY @ 5:03 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Chi, we all have our days, issues, and moments.  Completely understand.  Get some great rest and relaxation, tomorrow's another day!

Sports are a minor component of what actually matters in our lives.  It's just the icing on the cake.  Take care of the cake!   I wish you all the best and continued health and hope!

God Bless!
TODAY @ 4:42 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Thanks Z-Man for your kind words. Yea need a mental break and collect my thoughts and tomorrow as we all know is another day. I'll be okay i just need  some rest and a break from all this B.S. wow listen to me and what i've seen im my  life time to think  I'm having some what of a issue. Isn't that dumb and stupid!!! Thanks for your support as well as others here,I really appreciate it.
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
TODAY @ 4:35 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
No worries Chitown!
We all know where your heart is. Hopefully the Cubs win and it will make you feel better. If they don’t, there’s always tomorrow. Take care my friend!
TODAY @ 4:25 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Not feeling so good today and with that said Noit going to get upset as to what our team does or does not do today. just not into it  today . Sorry my fellow cub fans. No energy  and no concern today as to what happens tonight except for the severe weather that may or may not make a apearence later down here by me. I appolgize for the "not caring' attitude. Kindly forgive me okay?
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
TODAY @ 3:50 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Looks like things are getting a little back to normal with the lineup. Hopefully they can get some quality at bats and be on point in the field.

Still no announcement on Thursday’s starters

Go Cubs!
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
TODAY @ 1:02 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Keep the faith Fonzie / Cubs fans!!  Since when have the Cubs ever disappointed and let their fans down?!!

Scratch that,   ..  Just try to enjoy the games and series and hopefully some good baseball!  The injuries have hurt.  Hope the skipper can dial in better offensive lineups going forward!

On a related note, who's the hitting coach?  Maybe he should be spending some time in the manager's office explaining what he's doing to get these bats going!!!!!

Go Cubs Go!!!!!
TODAY @ 12:06 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I totally agree with you Zman.  We have a rookie of the year pitcher, quite possibly even Cy Young winner and he has what, 4 wins in 9 starts? Yet his ERA is under 1! We need some offense!  Then after that we need a good reliever or two! If we do anything before the trade deadline wouldn't be nice if we could somehow do a 3 or 4 team trade and get a power hitter plus a mid-game reliever?  I think we're finally good on a closer, though he still makes me nervous, but lets stop blowing these 0-0 games when Shota leaves the game after around 100 pitches!
TODAY @ 11:23 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
The only series that I would worry about is Atlanta. Not that the divisional games will be easy, but the Cubs definitely have the edge in pitching over both teams. It wouldn’t surprise me if the offense starts getting better as the regulars return to the lineup. With the holes that the lineup has using the replacements, the pitchers don’t have to worry about pitching to the good hitters. I’ve watched this happen in the games the last couple weeks. 
Staying close to the top of the division is what they need to do. There’s a lot of baseball left to be played and I wouldn’t doubt that they make a couple moves before the deadline.

Go Cubs!
TODAY @ 11:09 AM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
In the next 3 series the Cubs face ATL, STL, and MIL...
I've got a horrible feeling of doom regarding those games.

To quote the movie Platoon:

"I got a bad feeling on this one, all right? I mean I got a bad feeling! I don't think we're gonna make it outta here".
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,901 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE