INITIAL POST
Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,755 posts
5/7/24 @ 10:44 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
I mostly agree with you Zman, it's just that CC missed a chance to truly extol the virtues and accomplishments of Imanaga's debut MLB season...
I mean Shota doesn't mess around nor miss a beat.
He picks apart each at bat like a surgeon.
Shota is right up there with Valenzuela's debut and his first season ERA.
5/7/24 @ 10:26 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Great win for sure!
Shota is fun to watch work on each hitter. He’s one of the most animated pitchers I’ve seen. The HR he gave up was an excellent piece of hitting by Profar. That pitch was low and out of the zone and he went down and got it. 

Good to have Bellinger back and not missing a beat. Big game for quite a few Cubs as mentioned. The bullpen was outstanding and kept it close.

CC is a pretty even keel manager. He’s not going to get too up and he’s not going to get too down. I thought he gave Shota a lot of praise in the interview.

Big game tomorrow afternoon. Wesneski against Cease is a great matchup.

Go Cubs!
5/7/24 @ 9:56 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
Tonight's game was one of those games that can set the tone going forward, if not for the entire season...

A fantastic come from behind victory LATE in the game.

Everybody contributed !

-Bellinger
-Imanaga {as usual}
-Hoerner
-Morel
-Busch !!!

etc.etc.etc.

A critique from me.

I did not like CC's "canned" responses to the usual post game interview questions regarding Imanaga's performance.
CC just blathered the usual "Imanaga is great and pitched a good game blah, blah, blah"

CC missed a chance to really PUMP up this team.

I suppose this is just one of MANY disappointments CC will serve up this season, and I like the guy.

5/7/24 @ 9:45 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Walk off, here comes the rain, one pitch, ball game.  Great starting pitching and flashing the leather of late.  Rubber game tomorrow.
5/7/24 @ 9:34 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Zman if you have a Roku the MLB app is on there as well and you have the option of selecting which broadcast you want to listen to.  My Sony TV (Android) also has that option, so your Ipad may also have that on the MLB app, just might be difficult to find the spot where they have that option.

Cubs win tonight! Great pitching, our starter just was in there a tad too long and gave up a 2 run homer other than that though he was outstanding as always this season!
5/7/24 @ 9:14 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Wow what do you know! Cubs win on a first pitch walk-off home run by Michael Bush. in the bottom of the ninth inning! How bout that sports fans!! CUBS WIN!!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
5/7/24 @ 9:10 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
Well one inning too many for our pitcher tonight. I can understand it though the way our bullpen is pitching. Game is tied 2-2 in the top of the ninth with the padres threatening agian with two out but the cubs got out of it without any damage. okay we need one in our half of the ninth to win this thing. LETS GO CUBS!!!
5/7/24 @ 8:13 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Do NOT bring Alzolay into this game!!

Get some more runs Cubbies!
5/7/24 @ 7:32 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Thanks FLM
I usually use my IPad with the MLB app when I can’t get the game in Wisconsin. I’m going to look into what you’re doing when I get back up tomorrow. Tonight I’m lucky enough to see the Marquee broadcast.
5/7/24 @ 7:20 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Here's what I see when I watch the game on my computer.  If Pat and Ron are announcing on the radio, I'll almost always choose them to listen to while watching the game.

Chicago Cubs photo by Fishlovme
5/7/24 @ 3:13 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Bellinger has been activated from the IL and will be in tonight’s lineup at DH
5/7/24 @ 2:40 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
It's always nice to avoid losing streaks of any kind, even two game losing streaks.  Let's hope the phenom from the land of the rising sun can do that and get a win for the Cubbies tonight!

Go Cubs!
5/7/24 @ 8:29 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
I would put more of the blame on our middle relief. Giving up 6 runs after a stellar performance from our starter is the killer again. We got to their middle relief to get some runs and got guys on base, but their shutdown guy Suarez is one of the best in the business.

We got Imanaga going tonight. Hope we don’t need to wait until the late innings to play catchup 

Go Cubs!
5/7/24 @ 8:12 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
You can't not score at least one with bases loaded no outs.  End of that game was tough.  Close and options-then bad.
Hope today is a new day.
5/6/24 @ 7:58 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
Welcome back Mr. Steele. Looks like you pitched as if you did not miss a beat, GREAT!! Now if the cubs can score some runs and spoil Darvishs game tonight. Darvish looks very good also. GO CUBS!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,755 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE