SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Chicago Bears

8/2/02 @ 9:03 AM
INITIAL POST
smug
User since 7/3/01
Some notes on the Bears' minicamp from football.com.

Quarterback Jim Miller looked to have no ill effects from the health problems he experienced during mini-camp. One thing that did impress us is how Miller was threading the needle in between defenders. He was on target and had a good amount of zip on the ball. We have to imagine that some of his receivers may have had sore hands after hearing the cracking sound of the ball hitting them in the hands on many occasions. Another thing that may be a bad omen for Chicago opponents is how the deep passes were hitting the receivers.......right in stride many times. And on the incompletions, there were no short rounds that would be easy pickings for defenders. In a nutshell, Miller showed no weakness in terms of arm strength. Chris Chandler also made some nice throws, but it was Miller who impressed us most.

Another thing that stood out were the dropped passes.......or maybe we should say the lack thereof. The Chicago receivers took some heat last season for their inconsistent play, specifically drops and bad routes. Outside of some rustiness by Marcus Robinson early in the day, the drops were pretty much absent, and the routes looked sharper. Marty Booker still looked to be the man, and even took a bow after hauling in a bomb that prompted the fans chant his name. But Dez White and David Terrell were sharp as well. White has made major progress in his game from 2001. So much so, that Booker and White are the starting receivers at this point, according to coach Dick Jauron. David Terrell is right there on his heels, and appears to be all business as he enters his second season.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16,158 posts
TODAY @ 2:41 PM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
Hopefully you wont be doing this yet again in 2027. The big 1985 anniversary is just around the corner..
TODAY @ 12:01 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
So exciting to have these things on video for ​​memories​​​
TODAY @ 9:30 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Well here is a preview of what we are potentially fielding in 2024
Chicago Bears photo by topam
TODAY @ 8:17 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Pretty happy with the day 1 results. It’s what I was hoping for when I heard the direction they were going. Both players are stand up guys and I think they’re going to fit in perfectly with what the organization is doing.
The Bears only have 4 picks in this year’s draft and to this point it looks like they’ve made the most of it. I read a quote that said “it’s not the number of picks you have, it’s the quality of players you can pick”.
It will be interesting to see how they use their last two picks ​and what positions they’ll be adding depth to.

Go Bears!
TODAY @ 6:20 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
TODAY @ 6:12 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Your new QB will have 3 elite WR’s from the start! 👍✅
TODAY @ 6:04 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Well based on a lot of the "experts" picks who sit around and study film, numbers etc looks like we are in good shape.  Looking forward to some good additional picks and excited for the upcoming season, I know its not going to be all roses but hey we made BIG steps with our 2024 picks

Go BEARS
TODAY @ 12:11 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Build the statue!!  😀

Chicago Bears photo by Prop
4/25/24 @ 8:31 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
They could be Super Bowl bound, but I do not want to say too much during the Cubs season.
4/25/24 @ 8:18 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
I’m with you Pool. It’s a great pick and who I wanted from the get go 
4/25/24 @ 8:13 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Good pick in my amateur opinion. Nice to see them go for more offense. 
4/25/24 @ 7:50 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Watch, Williams will be the next Trubisky/Fields savior! The beat goes on!  
4/25/24 @ 7:44 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Hahaha. 
4/25/24 @ 7:30 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
He’s their #9 pick
4/25/24 @ 7:27 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
I just heard my first Sid Luckman reference. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 16,158 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE