Charter Cable dropping The Sporstman Network, World Fishing Network

1/30/15 @ 2:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Got notified in my latest bill that Charter is dropping these 2 outdoors networks from their programming. (effective March 3 ) Called and they said sorry bud, they will be gone... tuff I suggested they let their paying customers have a vote... they thanked me for that idea and would note it...yeah, that'll happen Just grinds my beans... I wish these outdoors networks would partner up with some online service...then Charter could take a flying leap should have made this clear, this is mostly done to alert other Charter suscribers
Edited on 1/30/15 3:50 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
1/31/15 @ 8:13 AM
fishfillet
fishfillet
USER since 1/8/13
oh well. get out and fish and hunt rather than watch someone else do it. I'm dumping it when the Super Bowl is over and going to Netflix. cable prices are getting ridiculous. tv is a waste of time and money anyway if you ask me. less tv = more time hunting and fishing.

Post Your Comment
1/31/15 @ 8:12 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
the best part of Charter is their Internet services, just ran http://testmy.net, and results were Download 59.6 Mbps , Upload 3.8 Mbps ...

would like to keep the Internet and get outdoor programming off the Intenet, but don't see those networks on online services

Charter has been a pita for over 10 years, but now, just dropping channels without offering them on a different service agreement is pushing me away... which has been my intent for a long time, just nothing better offered that has good Internet service as well

Post Your Comment
1/31/15 @ 7:59 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05
wasn't hinting I was unhappy with Direct TV. My mother had Dish and had problems so she switched to Direct TV. she is happier with that.

just saying I am not that satisfied with TV in general, with a bazillion channels, one should be able to find something that catches the eye, didn't know they made so many BAD movies....

Post Your Comment
1/31/15 @ 7:24 AM
meatpuppets
meatpuppets
USER since 1/7/09
We have DirecTV. I get outdoor,pursuit, sportsmans channels. Customer service is good. Hardly ever goes out due to weather. Maybe 3 times a year for a total of 10 min. I just got a letter informing us that DirecTV is going to be broadcast in 4k. Bill is around 85$

Post Your Comment
1/31/15 @ 5:34 AM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
USER since 3/14/06
I just saw this on my new bill. We have been wanting to change anyway because of continuous rising rates. What do you guys recommend? Direct TV or Dish Network? I know my buddy has Direct and that has the Pursuit channel. Come on dish people, fill us in!!

Post Your Comment
1/30/15 @ 6:31 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Pay for a monopoly (i.e. cable provider) and that's what you get. Go with a dish service and get what you want. You are not tied to one dish provider for service.

Tim

Post Your Comment
1/30/15 @ 4:04 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05
a few years ago we had a similar thing happen with Direct TV., they were going to change our programming because that is what people wanted, huh ? dropping the movie channels for religious channels, sure, we got the same thing when we called, don't like it guess you will have to cancel....three weeks later we got a class action suit in the mail, seven days after that everything was back to normal.

in all seriousness, we get 17 channels off our antenna, other than about three programs we don't use that dish much anymore, just nothing to watch worth anything......

Post Your Comment