SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Bigfoot

2/20/18 @ 4:48 PM
INITIAL POST
jeff68
User since 3/15/11

This woman seems sane and not a fraudster. I lived and hiked there. It is remote even though it's hours from LA

http://abc30.com/society/socal-woman-claims-she-saw-bigfoot;-sues-california-to-prove-it/3095805/

Displaying 61 to 75 of 1,410 posts
3/8/24 @ 9:06 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
Time to get a wee bit serious with real data on this thread.   

FWIW, below is something I posted several years ago.  The graph in the middle is from Dr. Henner Fahrenbach of the Oregon Primate Research Center.  It shows the relationship of "ball width index" (foot width/length) of sasquatch tracks collected across North America and across multiple decades (ranging in size from youngster to large adult) vs. that of man. Dr. Fahrenbach contended that the sasquatch foot dimensions as indicated by the ball width index (and other track dimensional data from hundreds of different individuals, based on length and geographic collection point) do not match up with humans at all.  He, along other well-respected primatologists, mammologists, and anthropologists, have long concluded the existence of this rare, nomadic primate.  Many track casts from across NA (taken in softer substrate, like wet sand, silt/loam, or clay-based soil) have dermal ridges on them that don't match any other known primate (each species has its unique pattern).  In addition, many track casts show sweat pores, healed cuts, and other injuries.  Those details are impossible to fake, especially in a trackway of prints where toe spread and flexion is changing cast to cast with terrain substrate.

Along with the graph, I attached the image of one of the multiple track casts from the 1967 Patterson/Gimlin film and one other purported track cast image.  Both of those specimens fall on the data line for sasquatch.

The center track is an actual human print photographed on the Woodlands beach on Plum Lake a few years ago.  The width/length ratio of that track falls right on the line for human.

Do with it as you will....
Bigfoot photo by SuspendedMusky
3/8/24 @ 8:14 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
I just caught up on this thread!

Some awesome research took place on Plum last week!

Hats off gentlemen - well done!

Also Polski, with squatches you don't have to be the fastest runner in the group, you just can't be the slowest!

3/8/24 @ 6:47 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Shaggy, bearded, smelly things staggering around PLUM LAKE would certainly scare me!
3/8/24 @ 5:55 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11
I don't doubt that there MAYBe some strange creatures in rural areas. Reports go back a hundred years or more. 
How ever a group of men afraid to be out after dark in Vilas cty is rather strange ...
I probably committed social suicide. Omy whatever l....
3/8/24 @ 5:05 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Once in a while, they will show clips of a reenactment, and when they talk about their rifle, they will show a pellet gun. That stuff is hilarious. Don’t shoot him with that!
3/8/24 @ 4:38 PM
Carpio
Carpio
I saw a  episode from Kenosha county where they were interviewing several hunters about the SQUATCH sightings that they supposedly saw .  I noticed that the group of hunters all had rifles but at time Kenosha county was shotgun only!  Lol.  No credibility but humerous to watch.
3/8/24 @ 4:30 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Snake.   Words like this are not allowed KNID ( backwards)
3/8/24 @ 3:58 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
It happen Snake.  No big deal.
I was very excited for Expedition Bigfoot, Season 4.  And it was just complete and utter non-sense.
And they were in a location where I feel like they did not need to manufacture evidence.

BTW....I was around Plum Lake for about 35 years of my life.  I spent many nights on the lakes up there.  I too heard things.  But I never saw anything that I couldn't easily dismiss.  Most of the sounds that I heard were exact recordings that I have heard in Bigfoot shows.

One of my friends, though.....had a very eerie encounter just east of Minocqua.
3/8/24 @ 2:59 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Send it to me snake. I will look at it to see if I can see anything. Also love to read your posts. 
3/8/24 @ 2:33 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I just wrote a 2 paragraph response Vegas and it wouldn’t let me post it because of Foul language? I seriously couldn’t find anything wrong With it? Lol
3/8/24 @ 2:29 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cVi4uYtQh_o                 I dont know if this helps you Vegas, best I've ever came
across though, be careful out there guys, BMR nice work on Plum, should put together a "how to" video soon, lots
of us on here need direction? Scary Stuff.....
3/8/24 @ 1:39 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Okay, Bigfooters.....
I just finished up season 4 of Expedition Bigfoot.  It was without a doubt the worst "reality" series that I've watched.  Keep in mind, I want to believe....but that show was utterly ridiculous.  They had "story writers" and "story producers" attached to the show. 

They used technology that just so happened to be there when they found "evidence" and needed some tech.  Such as the cave exploration and the robotic "dog".  Once there, they "found" a shape on Lydar that didn't appear on camera.  Never mind the fact that the tunnel was so small a robotic "dog" could hardly fit, let alone an 8-9 foot Bigfoot.

Their "interviews" with folks telling stories were just the worst ever.  One of them couldn't even keep from smiling and laughing as she was recounting her "experience".  Evidence wise, they found nothing that I couldn't easily explain away.  Especially since I know that there are hunters traveling with the crew as well as producers planting evidence for them to "find".

How much stock do you take in a show like this?  I believe the best evidence I've ever seen was the home video of the man who caught something by a river in Utah.  He was on a kayak, saw something, filmed it and it stood up then walked up a very steep mountain to get away.  That's the evidence that I think is best, not something that has writers and producers attached to it.
3/7/24 @ 4:10 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Hmmmm, upon further analysis,  I forgot about the spirit factor.  Just how much gutrot did y'all drink?!!

The line between one person's fine whiskey and another's gutrot, is very thin.
3/6/24 @ 10:06 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20
No way I was staying on the ice after dark after witnessing the hair raising events that day!
3/6/24 @ 9:58 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2

A bear will damage birdfeeder the squatch will not.
Displaying 61 to 75 of 1,410 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE