MORE
General Discussion

BACON!!!

12/22/08 @ 11:39 PM
INITIAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
PRO MEMBER User since 8/1/01
Bacon is a wonderful meat. It can stand alone as a dinner, or simply wrap a bountiful harvest of meat and inject its luscious nectar.

Bacon certainly warrants a thread of its own, so I present BACON a forum of its own.

How do you like it cooked? Me, slightly crispy. I don't mind the maple syrup bacon, but prefer a nice thick slab of bacon meat.

Bacon grease is almost a marinade. What can't you cook in bacon grease, and improve the flavor? Bacon bit ice cream is in my future.

Favorite bacon: I'd have to say buying a slab at 45 Meats in Poysippi, and then slicing 1/4-1/2" or so slices and frying that up...BACON STEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best bacon dinner: Last spring after shroom hunting down by boscobel, we were camping at my buds by Rockbridge and had about a 2ft frying pan on the fire coals with piles of walleye fillets, morel mushrooms, onions and BACON!!! It was the most heavenly feast ever.

Bacon wrapped back straps...

Bacon wrapped chicken breast, with a cream cheese n garlic inside

Something I must try is a bacon-weaved cheese log: http://www.holytaco.com/if-i-die-bacon-related-death-id-it-be-because

MuskyHunter has a killer bacon burger I'm sure he'll share...

LL-Painterman cooked up some heavenly bacon at the Quasi last weekend. It was wrapped/piled on a vennie hind quarter, and injected with and poured upon with some of the finest marinades known to mankind. Ask Paint! He didn't get to eat any, cuz JJ ate it all! Big Smile

Anyways, let's hear your favorite bacon recipes and stories!

I want to hear about the Lake-Link Bacon Fest '09! When/where?

Displaying 31 to 40 of 451 posts
5/2/23 @ 10:19 AM
Riverrat351
User since 9/26/15
If you haven't tried Nolechek's bacon, you're missing out. Nolechek’s bacon won an international gold medal by the German Butcher’s Association and was awarded Grand Champion in 2015 from the Wisconsin Association of Meat Processors.
Friend of mine was married to the owner, and he would share product from when they returned from competitions... best I've ever had!
5/2/23 @ 12:09 AM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
Any of you ever get to SW WI stop at Webers in Cuba City and pick up some bacon. I'll put it up against any other bacon out there. Good THICK bacon.
5/1/23 @ 10:31 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
You know stuff like that is frustrating..
I bet like me you guys can afford Nueskes. 
But like you I won’t buy it often either because
It just doesn’t seem right to pay that…
Same thing with steak and better cuts of meat. 
You CAN afford it you just won’t cause it galls ya to pay so much. So we buy the sale bacon, cause its still pretty good, and leave the $$ we saved for our kids…
My Father in law (r.i.p.) used to say to his wife when she was vacillating about buying anything, 
“You wanna buy that or give the money to the nursing home?”
5/1/23 @ 7:35 AM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02
Topam i also bought 2 packages looked like a good deal but haven't tried it yet
5/1/23 @ 6:12 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
GT -- I like Nueskes as well but my wife found some thick sliced brand called Dailys on sale at Piggly Wiggly (2 for $7) and it was actually decent, is it as good as Nueskes no but with the price of bacon over the past year or two it was worth buying for good BLT sandwiches last night.
4/30/23 @ 11:15 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Agreed on Nueskes Mrduck. 
While l’m no connoisseur I know what I like and yeah $9.99 a lb is high, you know it will be good in pan or micro or my personal fav, on my griddle. 
4/30/23 @ 9:23 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
I'm not looking to buy good bacon, I make my own that's great 
4/29/23 @ 4:26 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
Nueskes has good meats but are on the expensive side.
4/29/23 @ 1:44 PM
redneck sympathizer
User since 2/21/22
If it is near your path of travel, just stop at Nueskes in Wittenberg, WI. My bride flushes $200 every time. Very well spent.
4/28/23 @ 9:04 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Bought some pork bellies today for $3.49/lb. At Woodman's in Green Bay. That's the cheapest I've seen it in years.
Displaying 31 to 40 of 451 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE