SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

SE WI Rod repair

6/15/18 @ 2:42 PM
INITIAL POST
fisheswithU2
User since 4/29/14

Does anyone know of someone in SE WI who can repair a guide on a fishing rod? The 4th guide on my musky rod has a crack in the insert. I really don’t want to spend the money on shipping it to St.Croix, nor do I want to wait that long. However I want it to look professional at its my first musky rod and has sentimental value. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
8/13/18 @ 4:59 PM
fisheswithU2
User since 4/29/14

I used Badger Reel Repair. Dropped rod off at Dick Smith’s. Rod was done in timely manner, however the fixed guide was wayyy crooked. Dropped rod back off and he fixed no charge of course. Not the biggest deal as it’s kind of a secondary rod. Just wish he’d have returned my calls. 

6/18/18 @ 5:34 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

If you go there, let us know how it worked out.

when he repaired one of my rods, he let me know it would be impossible to match 100%, ( discontinued rod )but after we talked, via email, his suggested fix turned out better than I could have hoped for

6/17/18 @ 3:17 PM
fisheswithU2
User since 4/29/14

Thanks

6/15/18 @ 4:09 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

www.lake-link.com/business-directory/badger-reel-repair/948/

Had rods and reels done here, very happy

... he has relationships with various bait shops that you can drop off your repair work at if you don't want to mail... 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE