SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

New Spinning Rod

4/10/24 @ 12:51 PM
INITIAL POST
Pontoonguy
User since 2/11/19

I was thinking of getting a St. Croix Legend Elite med. light extra fast spinning rod and then I came across  Trika rods now I am thinking of going that direction. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Trika spinning rods any info would be helpful. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
4/14/24 @ 6:56 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16
Right off the top i'm going to say,i'm not a BassPro\Cabelas fan.
I bought one of there rods 3 or 4yrs ago and really like it.I have some ST.Croix's and like it almost as much as them and it's around $120.00 and a 10yr warranty.It's their white carbonlite series. I hate to say it but i would buy another in a heart beat.
4/14/24 @ 4:25 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
save money and get a better or equal rod...I prefer either a phenix (M1 is awesome) or a powell.

St Croix  makes a good rod, and offers a great warranty....but theyre comparatively a heavy rod, use too much cork in the gripping area (feels great, but cork is a sensitivity deadener, there is no way around this fact).

They make a great rod, no doubt, but compared to what else is currently available out there....theyre too heavy and way over-priced IMO.    I have rods that are half the price of a legend tournament that are half the weight and are just as, if not more sensitive.

Never used or investigated trika rods, so I have nothing to add on that front.

JMO y'all

4/14/24 @ 7:22 AM
Shellfish
User since 7/19/03
Pontoonguy...if you are willing to drop big bucks on st Croix rod.  Take a look at (Kraemer custom rods).  Company in West bend Wi.  They will make a custom rod for you in the 200 to 400 dollar range.  You can get you name placed on your rod if you like.  Check out their web site.  
4/11/24 @ 1:04 PM
netmaster
User since 10/22/01
better than than st croiux better waranty all around better
4/11/24 @ 11:16 AM
Skippy Lou
User since 2/24/14
I am a lifelong St. Croix customer, so I may be a bit biased.

I have used all the rods in their lineup except for the legend extreme.

In my opinion the biggest step-up in sensitivity and weight is from avid/legend tournament to the legend elite and legend x.

I don't have experience with Trika rods and their warranty seems okay, but does not stack up to St. Croix's warranty.

I have broke 2 st croix rods and both times they were fully refunded no questions asked.

Here is an example of their customer loyalty:

I broke a St. Croix Legend Elite ($430) and I was up in Northern Wisconsin. The next morning I drove to Park Falls and walked in to St. Croix. I showed them the broken rod; did not even have to explain what happened to it. The guy at the desk told me "alright, go pick out your new rod".

Unfortunately they didn't have the exact rod that I broke; but they had the Legend X ($470) of the same Power and Action. I told them I would be happy to pay the extra $40 for the new rod. They responded "don't worry about it".

And the icing on the cake is you are supporting jobs and small-town economy in Northern Wisconsin. 
New Spinning Rod photo by Skippy Lou
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE