MORE
Fishing Equipment

Copolomar line

10/19/23 @ 1:24 PM
INITIAL POST
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

I purchased a couple of spools of TRILENE 4 # COPOLOMAR line on a close out but have never used it before.     How does it compare with monofilament?

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
3/28/24 @ 4:33 PM
Higgins
Higgins
User since 7/13/03
Pretty good customer care out of P-Line! About a half hour after emailing them, I got a call from a customer service rep who explained things at length. Heavier line (copolymer) won’t function properly on a lighter spin reel with small diameter spool. To much line memory. It should work better on a 2000 or 3000 size. They are sending me two spools of line. One in a florocarbon configuraton and another, lighter lb weight to accommodate my smaller reel. I’ll spool this 12 lb onto a bait caster and it should work OK. Now if I could get that kind of service out of Samsung or my defective phone, I’ll be happy.
3/28/24 @ 2:15 PM
Higgins
Higgins
User since 7/13/03
I just had the same issue with some P-Line. The second I relieved tension on the line it shot off the reel like an electrocuted cat. Now I have a snarl on the garage floor, still attached to the reel that I may just refuse to ever pick up. Email sent to P-Line product support. Maybe it’ll be good on a bait caster. Not overly happy.
Copolomar line photo by Higgins
10/19/23 @ 2:54 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
  Never mind,  it’s junk!   I tried to spool it but it shoots off the reel spool like a slinky.   I tossed 1 package out.      I then spooled with TRILENE Mono & no problem.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE