MORE
Fishing Equipment

Churches walleye boards

9/24/17 @ 7:17 PM
INITIAL POST
karl58
User since 7/27/13

So I have a set of churches walleye boards with tattle flags,  

Put them together and tried to use them with no success! They ride way to low!! Even with moving weight back all the way. Seems like weight is to heavy, 

Is there a solution?? Or differnt weight? 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
10/20/17 @ 9:48 AM
smeylink
User since 2/3/08

Friends boat we use those boards to pull 10 color lead core for salmon fishing.  Few things that come to mind some have been noted.  Rod tips high.  Further out the higher the tips should be to avoid waves pulling the line between the board and rod tip.  Also some tweak the line clamp arm to 45 deg but for walleye fishing that shouldn't be needed.  They tweak for pulling heavy lead and copper lines behind these boards.  

I should note Braid line does better with wind but knowing how many ft between the board and boat would be helpful to know and pic of your set-up.  

9/27/17 @ 10:27 AM
Herky
User since 6/12/03

I have used those boards for years with success.  They can dive on occasion but its pretty rare.  Get your rod tips up high.  I have extensions on my rod holders.  I run the board weights all the way back or withing a half inch of it.  If its really rough out and your trying to run them really really wide the waves can swallow up your line and sink the board.  Just to give you an idea i spent 20 days or so this summer on Greenbay and never had a wave sink a board.  Big walleyes and sheephead yes but not when just pulling cranks and harnesses with no fish on.

9/26/17 @ 9:17 PM
karl58
User since 7/27/13
yes they have foam insert.  i contacted company, and they are very good at getting back to you quick, they even had some one call me and we went over everything, he told me something to try and are sending me new foam inserts no questions ask just to be sure its nothing stupid so we will see once i get out again 
9/26/17 @ 3:31 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Buddy of mine has the same Church Walleye Boards.  He complains about them as well and says that they dive very easily.  Maybe he doesn't have them set up right so I'm interest in responses as well.

I have a pair of Church Tackle TX-22's that I stumbled onto at a yard sale a few years ago.  I love those boards

9/26/17 @ 12:17 PM
karl58
User since 7/27/13

bought propack from cabelas, 10inchs long 3.5 width and weight is on bottom

9/25/17 @ 1:44 PM
lvtofish
User since 2/2/05

what size boards are you using?

9/25/17 @ 12:27 PM
karl58
User since 7/27/13

trying to troll lures for walleyes, using flicker shads #5, trolling rods with depth counters 10# mono line, tired speed from 1.2-2.4mph  calm water and slight choppy later in day,

boards in water were nose diving so read to move weight all the way back helped but not much, they still want ti dive with any chop, tried with and against current. pole tip flat and up

they seem to sit low like way to low the clip to hold line to pole is under water while running which seems odd, so more than half or more of board is in water

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE