SEARCH
MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

Tick control

8/23/17 @ 7:34 AM
INITIAL POST
D/M
User since 8/23/17

Ticks have been very bad here in WI this year. Was wondering what some of you would recommend to control and repeal. I have a new lab this year she was a 1year old in July.  She has gotten her lyme shot and i did use Front Line but she had a hair loss reaction. Very bad all over her body. Was thinking of using NexGard. What do you use are you happy with it.Thanks for your input.

Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts
8/26/17 @ 7:10 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

I use the nexgard chewable on my 2 pointers. They seem to work. Last year I had 17 on my one dog after 1 trip. But none burrowed. They would just walk on his fur and get under it a bit. Pulled them off with a tweezers. I get them cutting my lawn a lot and my dogs never have them from the yard. I live in waukesha county. Maybe I should eat a few.

8/24/17 @ 8:37 PM
JS Outdoors
User since 2/28/16

4 dogs here. 3 with Soresto collars and 1 with a chewable although I forget which 1. The collars are out performing the chewable by a landslide. Had them on since late March and must say I am very impressed. Guys from other sites reporting likewise results.

8/24/17 @ 8:02 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
I've been using the Seresto collar on both of my dogs since May and haven't seen a single tick since. Grouse hunting will be the real test. I have tried all of the topical tick juices and none of them seem to be working anymore. Never tried the oral products and although I know that all of the products have toxic chemicals, I have a hard time having my dogs ingest them. 
8/23/17 @ 9:05 PM
D/M
User since 8/23/17

I live in Waukesha Co.never had a issue. This year have found 23 on the dog and myself which is alot for us. My Vet also said they have seen many more people come in for tick removal.Also know people with kids that got them from playing in there residential yard. I am 55 years old never more than 3 to 4 for the summer in this area for dog training.

8/23/17 @ 4:33 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I started using the seresto collar this year so far I like the results and the convenience. But in Iron county where I am at the tick population is very low this year so my satisfaction does have a caveat.

Where are you that the ticks are so bad?

8/23/17 @ 9:05 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

We use nexgard on ours chewable once a month

8/23/17 @ 8:17 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

We use BRAVECTO on our labs after switching over from Frontline. It's an oral chewable which lasts 3 months.  Requires a vet prescription and it isn't cheap but it works great. We purchase from a mail order/online vet supply outfit in FLA to save a few bucks.

Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE