MORE
Catfish Fishing

Strawberry jello chicken breast

3/30/24 @ 3:51 PM
INITIAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Has anyone tried this for channels in Wisconsin? It's quite popular down south. I've always used Sonny's/Triple S and killed the cats on it. Just looking for something a little less messy that gets the same fantastic results. I do occasionally use cutbait, but it's a pain to find suitable fish for this and I am not spending a fortune on suckers from the bait shop.

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
4/8/24 @ 6:52 PM
Cat Man J.J.
PRO MEMBER User since 5/9/03
I made it fifty years of fishing without a hot dog or chicken on my hook and want to keep it that way.
No need to throw perfectly good groceries in the river I say.
Catfish Dave was using pork chops and chicken last summer with mixed results and it gave me the idea of road kill catfish bait.
On the way to my fishing spot look for a roadkill on the side of the road and cut a hind quarter off that racoon or opossum and use that, it's free and on the way.
But I'll probably just stick to cut bait, I did order some Pro Cure catfish candy scent so I'll try putting that on some baits this year.
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE