SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Trophy pike lakes in canada

2/8/18 @ 12:04 PM
INITIAL POST
Get Bent
User since 10/16/15

Hello all. I am trying to plan a fishing trip to Canada for myself and my girlfriend. What we are interested in is fishing for trophy pike and a few days of our week we will definitely be spending on eagle lake musky fishing. Can anyone recommend a lake (doesnt have to be by eagle) that has a phenomenal trophy pike fishery? We love to cast and catch big toothy critters and don’t really care much about eating fish while up there. If there is a reasonably priced lodge on the lake or that will shuttle us into an outpost on a lake with trophy pike that recommendation would be much appreciated also. Otherwise we are fine with camping/roughing it in the back of our vehicle also. Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
2/19/18 @ 12:11 PM
Bozo
User since 7/29/02

I just got back from the All Canada show. If you really want huge Pike you can go to Dunlops for a third of that and it looked good. They are way up in Manitoba but they are all Pike with some Walleye thrown in. I met guys who have been there. They all have caught fish in the 40's. 

2/17/18 @ 9:59 AM
Get Bent
User since 10/16/15

Thanks for all the great advice guys. Gonna have to think about this one for a little bit before I book something. I only get to do a canada trip once a year if im lucky. Don’t want it to be a disaster like last year. Best of luck to all of you fishing this year.

Sam

2/12/18 @ 1:33 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

If you are going to be fishing Eagle for muskies already I would stick to that lake. Over the years of fishing it, our group has caught about 15 40" or bigger with quite a few more in the upper 30"s. I know that a few of the lodges will put you on a plane to some remote lakes farther north but I have no idea if they offer the trophies you are looking for. I have never done it. 

I stay at a place that offers housekeeping only. With a group of 8 and us bringing our own boats (3 boats), the cost is roughly 400 per guy for 7 days. 

Here is 2 of the fish from last year on Eagle.

Trophy pike lakes in canada photo by BucketMouth123
2/12/18 @ 12:40 PM
HotPockeT
User since 3/18/11

Jesus i would never pay that much for a 4 day trip.  I fish one of the best trophy pike, walleye, and lake trout fisheries for size in the world and pay 30 bucks a day to camp. Plus gas.  Less than 900$ for a 10 day trip

2/11/18 @ 6:18 PM
sanclemente
User since 5/11/14

You might look into Lawrence Bay Lodge on Reindeer Lake, SK. It runs about $2,600 per person for 4 days of fishing. You can drive to Southend, SK and the lodge will pick you up by float plane for no extra charge. Our group has caught 13 fifty inch or better pike in the last 12 years.Their e-mail address is lblodge@stellarnet,com. Good luck!

2/8/18 @ 7:49 PM
NARDA1
NARDA1
User since 3/27/11

Check out www.birchdalelodge.com 807-227-5262 owners name is Marcel. Located on Eagle Lake.

2/8/18 @ 7:33 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Our group is mainly into Walleye fishing but we have caught some nice gators on both Bertrand and Antenna Lakes thru Clark's Resorts. We have caught at least 3-4 fish over 40" on each lake and several others in the 36"-39" range. Not sure if that is the volume of action you are looking for and Canada has some great lakes with high numbers of big gators. The Clarks run a great operation and we have been very happy with them.

Would suggest you google "Mike Borger" Canadian Fishing Guide. His website has some incredible video footage of some great gator lakes. I know some are like Wollaston and are very remote and very expensive. He does have some trips on his site that are more affordable.

Good Luck.. My week on a Canadian shield lake is always one of the highlights of the year 

2/8/18 @ 3:02 PM
HotPockeT
User since 3/18/11

nipigon,  no resorts on the whole lake. gota rough it.  And there isn't any of those annoying bass. 

2/8/18 @ 2:08 PM
Get Bent
User since 10/16/15

WOW. Yeah, i should have included that I’m definitely not rich. The Wollaston Lake Lodge wants $10,200 per person for an eight day trip. Thanks for the reply but for $10,200 I can go out and buy a damn nice fishing boat!! Definitely can’t afford nor would I pay that for 8 days of fishing. And I should probably share my vision of a trophy pike because everybody’s idea of a “trophy” is different. I consider a trophy pike to be 40 inches or greater. Some people consider 45 or 50 inches but I would be just fine and happy with catching pike all week in the 40 inch range. 

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE