SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Manion Lake

5/21/12 @ 12:20 PM
INITIAL POST
Coyote Hunter
User since 2/1/12
I just booked a five day stay at Hyatt's Manion Lake Lodge, from August 5th - 10th. I was there a few years ago in June as that is where we ended a Boy Scouts canoe trip. We fished a littlle there so I know there are big Smallies and abundant Walleye. Can anyone share any other info. We are not into fishing much but this is a birthday present for my son and I think this might just get him hooked on fishing. Do I need special permission from my wife to cross into Canada with my son? I know we needed it for the scouts. We are bringing our own boat and any tips on live bait versus artificial would be appreciated.
Displaying 61 to 75 of 259 posts
2/23/19 @ 6:51 PM
Lawn Guy 65
User since 2/20/18

Eagle

Check your messenger

LG 65

2/23/19 @ 10:19 AM
C Eagle
C Eagle
User since 8/10/13

16 more Fridays until we embark on our Canadian Shield Fishing Expo at Hyatt's Manion Lake Resort.  Can't wait to be off the grid, catching and eating tasty walleyes and enjoying the flush toilets at our Outpost Camp!

LG 65 looking forward to seeing you again and keep looking for you in Manitowoc when I go out for lunch.  I see some of your trucks at Time Out periodically, but haven't seen you when I go inside.  I'll keep looking!!

Talked with Dale yesterday and they are set for occupying cabin #2 with the same crew (Keith, Dale, Randy and Steve).

In discussions with Humminbird about how I am going to configure my new electronics package.  REALLY looking forward to using the new technology this year.

Bring on Spring!!!!

2/9/19 @ 9:44 PM
Lawn Guy 65
User since 2/20/18

If everything works as planed I should be there

6/9 - 7/3

7/21 - 8/6

8/25 - 9/18 or so

2/9/19 @ 9:38 PM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

Hey LG65,

we will be up to mount outpost camp around 4:30pm on the 14th.

we will definitely stop in to visit.

will you be back up the end of August?

(23rd)

2/9/19 @ 9:28 PM
Lawn Guy 65
User since 2/20/18

FH

Now I know why I'm not catching fish. Plans are to be up June 9 - July 3. 

Stop by with your crew

2/8/19 @ 11:01 PM
fishhook
fishhook

2/6/19 @ 7:30 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Our 4 man,2 boat crew is set,John,Josh,Steve,& Tony.

18 weeks till go time!

18 LONG weeks,........winter grip.

Manion Lake photo by fishhook
12/8/18 @ 12:59 PM
Lawn Guy 65
User since 2/20/18

26 more Sundays FH & guys

12/8/18 @ 12:15 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Right now,there is 8”-10” of ice on the Canadian Shield lakes I fish on every spring,& fall with my boat.

patiently waiting 27 more weeks for that to happen.

I’m sure, C Eagle,Cub,& Lawn Guy 65 are in the same “boat” as well,lol.

9/12/18 @ 6:47 PM
fishhook
fishhook

A late Canadian fishing report for the week of  aug 23-Sept 1 out of Hyatts Mount lake outpost camp.

WEATHER: great weather to start the trip(highs in the mid 70°/low 80°) until the E.N.E. winds blew in,& high temps dropped(mid 50°/mid 60°)End of the week brought back S.W. winds,& warmer temps.

BUGS: non-issue

Walleyes: a good jig bite with crawlers,or minnows on mid lake structure in 18'-24' of water best.

fished Manion lake on the way out,& got into a good amount of Walleyes pitching jigs/live bait on the rocks.

Pike: good bite casting or while jigging for Walleyes on or near structure.

Smallies: slow bite this year as they were all over the water column. Most caught on deep offshore rock.

Lake Trout: a very slow bite for us this year,as we only fished them twice mid week.

Over all,another awesome time(23rd year)with just my wife,& I.

LG65,....was great to see you again.

Great job building the new "Island Resort"!

Back up June 2019!

9/4/18 @ 12:03 PM
Chipriverrat
User since 3/21/16

Just got back from Hyatts, a group of 6 of us arrived Wednesday night.  Fishing started off slow but picked up by the weekend.  Lake Trout fishing was better than normal, we found fish suspended over deeper water and caught them trolling with down-riggers.  Biggest was 24".  It was very obvious on the electronics where they were staging.   Walleye were found adjacent to mid-lake structure around 25'.  Very windy weather, followed by rain is how we started the trip.  It ended with sunny skies and better vertical jigging conditions which helped out.  Small mouth fishing was slow but we didn't spend too much time fishing for them.    

8/23/18 @ 3:55 AM
fishhook
fishhook

North bound,.......walleyes beware!

8/20/18 @ 9:29 AM
Chipriverrat
User since 3/21/16

FishHook, I sent you a PM.

Headed up next week.  I will post a report once we get back!

7/30/18 @ 5:00 PM
rlarsenWI
User since 7/30/18

Hi all,

My family and I are making our first trip to Manion lake next week and I'm starting to get a little nervous about the walleye fishing.  In the past we fished on a lake near Red Lake and it was a walleye factory.  I was planning to look for structure and jig or troll and go from there.  Anyone have any specific tips for the lake to get us started?

Thanks for your help.

7/19/18 @ 8:58 PM
fishhook
fishhook

LG65,

We left Pettit cabin after back to back major storms in 2014,and now stay at Mount outpost cabin twice a year.

here is some carnage of the "big storm".

Displaying 61 to 75 of 259 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE