SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Manion Lake

5/21/12 @ 12:20 PM
INITIAL POST
Coyote Hunter
User since 2/1/12
I just booked a five day stay at Hyatt's Manion Lake Lodge, from August 5th - 10th. I was there a few years ago in June as that is where we ended a Boy Scouts canoe trip. We fished a littlle there so I know there are big Smallies and abundant Walleye. Can anyone share any other info. We are not into fishing much but this is a birthday present for my son and I think this might just get him hooked on fishing. Do I need special permission from my wife to cross into Canada with my son? I know we needed it for the scouts. We are bringing our own boat and any tips on live bait versus artificial would be appreciated.
Displaying 41 to 50 of 259 posts
7/16/20 @ 5:00 AM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

August trip is out.

one last hope for a September trip.

5/15/20 @ 9:21 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Ice is off on all outpost lakes,

BUT,

It’s looking like June 12 trip is out,hoping for the August trip is a go! If not,Sept?

Manion Lake photo by fishhook
4/29/20 @ 7:53 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Looking good for ice off.

Just need an open border now.

4/17/20 @ 5:56 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Well?

If the boarder opening happens May 18,good for me. I go up early June. 

Sorry for the folk that go up for the opener. 

Here’s a recent pict of the portage we go thru on our way to the outpost camp. 

4/12/20 @ 4:11 PM
C Eagle
C Eagle
User since 8/10/13

I have my fingers crossed!

3/30/20 @ 5:31 AM
fishhook
fishhook

74 more days till we arrive at Hyatt’s Mount lake outpost camp,

Maybe,......

1/23/20 @ 3:53 PM
C Eagle
C Eagle
User since 8/10/13

141 days and counting until we return to Hyatt's Manion Lake Outpost Camp!  

9/3/19 @ 6:41 PM
fishhook
fishhook

Canada fishing report for the week of August 23-30

DESTINATION: Hyatts Mount lake outpost camp

WEATHER: first 2 days the weather was great,70° air temps,& 10-20mph W winds. The last 6 days were brutal,as we had mid 60° air temps, wind from 29-36mph AND,5 days of “horizontal” rain.

BUGS: none of any kind.

WALLEYES: the jig bite was fair at best,as they were scattered,and the winds made it difficult to hold vertical,(unless you have a Minn Kota Ulterra  with spot lock).We moved around till we marked fish,then fished them up.

LAKE TROUT: we didn’t give the lake trout much interest. Trolled for them twice for a short time because of rough seas.

SMALLIES: Didn't target bass this time,as we caught enough when walleye fishing,so the bass bite was fair.

PIKE: didn't target pike too much,as we caught them fishing for walleyes too.

All of us had a nice week of fishing,relaxing,& friendship laughs,while staying at Hyatt's outpost camp. We also went over to LG65,for dinner Thursday at his still new island resort,thanks Pat!

Back up to Hyatts outpost camp in 284 days!

fishhook,.........out!

7/31/19 @ 7:42 AM
sylvanoaks
User since 8/1/18

Congrats on the new truck Fishhook!

We have the road in to Manion broke down into 3 sections:

The logging road

The cattle path

The goat trail  (after the bridge)    :-)

Sylvanoaks

7/27/19 @ 7:32 AM
fishhook
fishhook

I have a new boat puller for our Canadian fishing trip last week of August. I hope the Leer cap I ordered will be ready and on my truck before we go. We travel an hour on a dusty gravel logging road,& a dirt road thru the bush to get to camp.

Displaying 41 to 50 of 259 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE