SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Cedar Lake Sales VS Keith's Marina

10/16/15 @ 12:40 PM
INITIAL POST
Ihuntandfish
User since 5/30/08
Hey guys, Just looking for opinions from people who have used these two dealerships for service to a mercury outboard. Is there one that seems better than the other? Any good or bad experiences with either?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 28 posts
4/8/18 @ 8:54 AM
ole 870
User since 6/27/01

I opted to pay a little more and went with cedar lake vs a much closer dealer that I didn't feel comfortable with.   It's an 1:20 minute drive for me but Patrick bell and the rest of his crew have always given me excellent service and prompt attention. no regrets

4/7/18 @ 3:55 PM
MAK
MAK
User since 6/16/01

I purchased a Smokercraft from Keith's, great boat, terrible dealership.  I can't speak for Cedar lake other than I've heard good things.

I just bought a new Bennington from Boathouse, so far very good experience, same for MW Marine, Mark is great.

4/7/18 @ 10:57 AM
Jeff H
User since 3/22/03

I bought boats from both. My pontoon came from Keith's because his price couldn't be beat. On the other hand, I have heard a lot of horror stories about that place. Fortunately I've never had to have my boat repaired, so I've never been back. I have my routine winterizing and such done closer to home.

I bought a 15 foot jon type boat from Cedar Lake Sales. Nice boat, flat floor, casting deck, all aluminum, no wood. I purchased it from Al. The boat, a Crestliner, did have a few issues. Al and his crew worked diligently to resolve the problems. The boat went back to their establishment about a half dozen times. I live about 30 miles from them. They actually came and got and returned the boat to me several of these half dozen times. They never attempted to down play my problems, and they kept at it until they solved the problem. I was very impressed with Al and Matt his service manager. I would give them a "five star" rating and would buy from them again.

3/31/18 @ 8:22 PM
Beachboy
User since 12/20/04

Can't speak about Keiths as I have not dealt with them. I can tell you Cedar lake Sales was awesome in my dealings, just bought a new Crestliner 1600 Vision From Chris Bell. He went thru EVERYTHING on the boat when I picked it up, refreshing to see. Not my first boat either.

5/31/16 @ 6:33 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Sounds like you  better not buy from Keith's u less it's only about the bottom $$, unfortunately. 

5/30/16 @ 7:50 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Cedar Lake Sales  is my choice, for all the years I have stopped in there for parts or service, they have been nothing short of the best, I have not purchased a boat through them yet, but always been treated well and have had any and all questions answered . Highly recommend

3/9/16 @ 7:46 AM
gamehunter
User since 7/4/09
If you want one of the best Mercury service facilities in the state, take it to The Boat Doc. You won't be sorry.
3/8/16 @ 9:29 PM
pointers
User since 8/9/11
I have had 2003 Sylvan with a 5.0 liter inboard and Cedar Lakes has always done my service. I bought the boat from a dealer in southeast Wisconsin but fished at Port Washington all the time. Their service dept. has always treated me fair and the turn around time was always great. They were a little pricey though, but they done very good work. From my experience, Cedar Lakes would do you a good job.
1/28/16 @ 10:34 PM
Chemist
Chemist
PRO MEMBER User since 6/17/01
I don't really know anything about Keith's but I do know that Cedar Lake Sales and Service has been very good about any repairs I have needed on my boat. They are busy in summer for repairs, however, they are busy because their mechanics are good.
11/28/15 @ 5:17 PM
taxi-man
User since 5/10/03
I've been to both. I've had numerous tournament boats. I was looking for the cheapest price for a new boat. I decided to go with Keiths, even though I knew about their bad reputation. At first I was going to have them do the rigging, until I started talking to their riggers. When I told them how I wanted things, they looked at me, like a deer in head lights. I decided to do my own. They never offered a walk through, when I picked the boat up. However, I would've told them I didn't want one, because I am familiar with boats. I got the boat home, installed everything on the boat. I was installing the transducers, looked at the prop, they put a rebuilt prop on the boat. I took it off, ran up there, told them what I thought of their business, after I got a NEW prop. I have a few more issues with them, but I think you all understand what I'm saying. I got home with the prop, I said to my wife, I know boats, and know how they tried to screw me over. I feel sorry for the first time boat buyer, that doesn't have a clue. And that's what Keiths is, a first time boat buyers dealership. I doubt they have very few repeat buyers. All they offer is a better price on the same size boat as a crestliner. That is the main reason I went with them Anyone I know looking for a boat, if they ask me about Keiths, I tell them to stay far away, unless they are looking just at the price. But don't expect any customer service
11/5/15 @ 5:43 PM
Remi
User since 3/23/05
Purchased a used motor from Cedar Lake Sales, needed some fixes and they stood behind it. I was very happy.
11/5/15 @ 12:52 PM
garyq
PRO MEMBER User since 4/1/10
Speaking no malice towards Keiths Marina at all as I have never had them work on anything for me in the past. But I HAVE purchased three boats from Cedar Lake Sales in West Bend, WI and I live at the border of Wis and Ill on the Illinois side so West Band is a 2 hour drive for me each way.. A And I can attest that the folks at Cedar Lake Sales are nothing but the best and top notch in my eyes. From the two borthers who own it to their parts people and their mechanics ad their office people have alays treated me like I was family and I would highly recommend them for anything marine wise Gary Quedenfeld Antioch, IL. 847 226 1759
10/29/15 @ 9:22 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
PRO MEMBER User since 2/12/02
I agree with tuffy...........if it seemed to good to be true...IT WAS. Think about it.... if someone doesn't even do their due diligence ...why is that. Wondering
10/29/15 @ 11:52 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04
I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but if Keith's gave you a trade-in value "Sight Unseen", they got your boat and motor for nothing. Just that type of price quote would have sent me running for the door. It's only common sense!
10/28/15 @ 10:19 PM
Fishin AGAIN!!
User since 11/20/14
Google keiths and look at reports of them selling refurbished motors as new condition. Easy to sell cheap if it's done that way!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 28 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE