SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Troll motor help- N. Wisc

5/19/15 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
cajunmusky
User since 8/22/05
Hey all- I am on a camping/fishingtrip in the UP (Baraga)and my trolling motor stopped working- batts are fine, they test full, the motor was running fine when I pulled out of TFF last Saturday, when I put in on Sunday, there is nothing- maybe the foot switch (motor guide 24v 56lbs) bounced around while trailering and something came loose, but I don't have the tools with me to fully check things out- all fuses are good that I can find- does anybody know of a place I can get it checked out in Northern Wisc? LVD area is close, but if I have to drive to Minocqua area, so be it- Thanks-
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
5/20/15 @ 9:33 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
What brand is it? Look up the MFG on their website and you can find the nearest service center. Mrt.
5/20/15 @ 8:59 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
If you have some basic tools you can check this as well.... Take the prop off. Behind the prop there should be two bolts. Just loosen those up slightly but don't take them all the way out. If water starts running out of the motor you have bad seals. Seals are pretty simple to replace but can sometimes be a bit tricky if you lack patience. The first set I replaced on a motor took around 45 minutes. Once I got the hang of doing it the time spent replacing them has dropped and I've done them on the water for guys in under 10 minutes. It could be something else as well but if water comes out of your motor after loosening up those bolts behind the prop you have your issue diagnosed. Then if you take it somewhere to be serviced you've saved yourself a few bucks in labor charges because they don't have to diagnose it, you already have.
5/19/15 @ 9:29 PM
wet-net
User since 1/8/03
I would find a boat with a 24 volt plug and plug your motor into it. This will tell you if its the motor or the wiring. Also did you check the breaker to see if its tripped.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE