SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Eagle Boat Trailers

2/11/15 @ 2:39 PM
INITIAL POST
muskymstr62
PRO MEMBER User since 3/10/02
I'm looking to buy a new boat trailer. I went to Cabelas and they handle Shorelander and Eagle trailers. I was looking at the eagle because the salesman said hands down this was a mush better built trailer. As far as price went he said they both were around $4000.00 for a 3500lb trailer. I was hoping to get some input on the eagle trailer. I currently have a shorelander. Thanks
Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
7/4/18 @ 2:46 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Same manufacture makes Eagle and Yacht Club trailers.

7/4/18 @ 9:35 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I see enough empty boat trailers for sale on craiglist to give that a good look.  It may take a few weeks to find what you want but often the suitable trailer will show up in time.

7/4/18 @ 7:19 AM
hook, line&sinker
User since 4/18/07

I have an Eagle trailer.  Fabric on boards is not very good. They do not use stainless steel bolts or nuts.  After a few years they fall apart.  Would not buy another Eagle trailer as their customer service is awful.  Most of the time they will not answer your phone call.

7/3/18 @ 6:48 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

these guys have a roller trailer for 850 lbs, otherwise used may be an option, check with some marine dealer or repair place?

www.karavantrailers.com/KKRollerTrailers.cfm

7/3/18 @ 5:09 PM
fishies
User since 1/2/12

I'm looking for suggestions as to a new boat trailer.  I have a 14' Alumacraft fishing boat that weighs about 200 # and a 15 hp motor.  I'd like rollers so I can hook on and winch it up.  Now I have to lift it to get the boat eye past the single central roller, and I'm not getting any younger.  I've checked a couple places and it seems that they have trailers for 14 or 16' boats with capacities of about 1250 #.  Kinda heavy duty for a rig that weighs less than 350#. Also the length of an oversize trailer presents storage issues.  It seems that they no longer make trailers for small boats?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

7/16/16 @ 6:46 AM
Todd Young
User since 6/25/15

Eagles are much heavier duty and custom made for each boat hull. If you do much towing go with the eagle.

7/15/16 @ 3:09 PM
FISHEAD
User since 7/2/01

I have a 2003 Eagle trailer , that need some work due to operator error , I live in No. Ill. where can I take it for new carpet and guides ?

7/13/16 @ 5:31 PM
daleracefan
User since 3/27/02

Eagle for sure! Had a shorelander before this one, no comparison.

7/13/16 @ 2:29 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Hooklinesinj ernie, you ever spray b siliconew on your bunks? Makes boats slide off much easier.

7/13/16 @ 11:38 AM
hook, line&sinker
User since 4/18/07

Eagle trailers are ok except for the fabric on the bunks.  Very poor.  I always submerse mine completely when backing in and taking it out.  The fabric on mine, 2013, is not that great, coming apart in different spots on the bunk.  Called Eagle, left them a message and they never responded.  Customer service is undoubtedly poor.  Bunks are good for launches that have plenty of water.  Rollers are much better on shallow lakes.

7/12/16 @ 8:40 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I agree the Eagle trailers are more of a custom beefier better built trailer.  They are made to handle heavier boats.  Personally if they are within a couple hundred bucks, I would go with an Eagle allw the way.

7/11/16 @ 4:05 PM
MPOPP
MPOPP
User since 3/28/11

I am in the same position.  Looking for bunk instead of roller.  Any value to a used shorelander roller for 17' Lund?

2/21/15 @ 5:33 PM
Hooky
User since 12/17/01
No doubt, Eagle all the way!!
2/12/15 @ 1:00 PM
Walleye 1
User since 6/22/01
I've owned one since 1998 and it's been a great trailer, never a problem with lights. Replaced bunk boards last year..
2/12/15 @ 5:36 AM
muskymstr62
PRO MEMBER User since 3/10/02
Thanks for the reply. To me they sure looked beefed up on the welding.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE