SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Cabelas signature semi syntheic oil vs Quicksilver oil

4/21/14 @ 12:18 PM
INITIAL POST
muskymstr62
PRO MEMBER User since 3/10/02
I was looking at the price of Cabelas oil versus Quicksilver. What a difference. I was wondering how good it it is. I have a 2002 125 mercury I would use it in. I also have a 05 Optimax. But I did not see any oil for that on the web site. I would like to here from anyone who uses Cabelas brand before I switch. Thanks
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
5/10/14 @ 7:25 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
if your still under warranty use something that is up to snuff with that. quicksilver is made by mercury marine.
5/2/14 @ 6:10 AM
Wolfden
User since 4/7/09
fleet farm or farm fleet in Ill sells the quicksilver 2 stroke oil for $ 26 a gallon. Now I saw some at Menards also for same price along with seafoam for $ 6.89 a can same as farm/fleet price. Compared to gander, cabalas etc. much less for either.
4/30/14 @ 9:40 PM
JethroBodine
User since 12/21/01
I used to run a VMAX HPDI, much like your Optimax. ONLY used Yamalube semi synthetic or Evinrude semi synthetic. Also ran some Yamaha ring free through every now and again. Especially with the high pressure two strokes (VMAX HPDI, Opti, ETEC) I think the semisynthetics are worth it for cleaner burn and less deposits. Boat mechanics have also told me "No Wally World 2 stroke oil, TCW3 or not" and if anything, they have financial interest in your motor breaking down. YMMV but given that stuff is being burned as you go, I always used good oil.
4/23/14 @ 10:17 PM
poptop
User since 10/1/03
As long as it is n.m.m.a certified it meets or exceeds specs. However i think I was checking out cables oil several years ago and couldn't find the nmma certification on the label so I didn't buy it.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE