SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Water Scum

9/21/15 @ 4:07 PM
INITIAL POST
big lund
User since 3/11/03
Saw this post some time ago, cant find it now. I thought it said if you use a mixture 50/50 mix of water and vinegar it would take the water scum off the sides and back of the boat. I could be wrong also.I have an older boat but I still like to keep it fairly clean, cant afford a new one unless I win the lottery, fat chance of that happening lol
Displaying 11 to 19 of 19 posts
10/29/15 @ 4:02 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
jjvs best took off 12 years of water line scum
10/27/15 @ 7:01 PM
bighammer
User since 7/18/06
I USE SNO BOWEL SQUIRT IT ON AND WASH IT OFF USED IT N FOR YEARS Smile
9/29/15 @ 12:08 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04
I have used Bass Boat Saver on both glass and aluminum. I wipe it down right after I take it out of the water. It is non-abrasive, plus it leaves a protective wax on the boat. I used to use the 50/50 water and vinegar for years. It works good, however, the above product works much better.
9/29/15 @ 11:45 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
Lake of the Ozarks has very hard water . Any water that splashes up on your boat motor will leave a very hard to get off water spot. NOW with that being said if you trailer your boat and wipe it down as soon as you take it out of the water all is ok. However your motor will get a white build up on it that is hard to remove. It is hard to wipe a boat on a lift off because it is so easy to put down in the water and go fishing couple times a day. It is real easy to get bad habits. The old I will do it later deal....But I think I will go fishing now. About once or twice a month I take about an hour spray it with PUR wash it wax it.Go Fishing!
9/23/15 @ 6:19 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
I use a product called PUR on my glass boat. I keep my boat on a lift however we have real hard water here at the lake. Pur removes the scum the brown stain on my white boat and the white build up on my motor. Great stuff. It is $20.00 a gallon but a gallon last me all year. It makes life easy After I use it I always wash then use Lucas Oil Slick Mist Fast and very easy speed wax. Great product also you can use it on your car and boat. You can actually wax a boat or a car as fast as you can spray and wipe. I highly recommend these products on glass boats. Now as far as aluminum boats PUR says it is safe but I have a friend that takes his boat to a truck wash at a truck stop. They have a product that they spray tractor trailers with that makes his aluminum boat look like new.
Displaying 11 to 19 of 19 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE