MORE
Boats & Motors

New boat advice.

4/28/16 @ 9:46 PM
INITIAL POST
ESOX68
ESOX68
User since 2/21/06
I am looking at the Aluma Craft trophy or Edge. I origanlly was looking at Lund Impact but after looking at the Aluma Craft 175 I was impressed.
Displaying 11 to 15 of 15 posts
4/29/16 @ 12:09 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04
Ulbian......Please tell me who this dealer is, either on this board, or by Messenger.
4/29/16 @ 8:52 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12
Aluma Craft and Lunds are very similar, and both are quality boats. Lund typically a bit more expensive for the same basic boat. The Aluma Craft has the 2XB hull, a double plated hull the full length of the boat.
4/29/16 @ 6:54 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
It goes without saying....max the motor size out. There are shady dealers who will advertise "good" deals on boats but they are underpowered. Then when it doesn't work the way it should you bring it back, they adjust stuff, try to sell you different props, etc and by that time you've spent more on the rig than you would have if you would've matched the hull up with a bigger engine. Another extraordinary bit of dealer chicanery that happened to a buddy of mine was that he ordered a boat from a place with a not so stellar reputation to begin with but he thought he'd give them a shot. He goes to pick up his new boat and the salesman asked him where his trailer was. It might sound like a dumb question to ask but make sure when buying new that you ask this sort of stuff. A deal that sounds to good to be true seldom is.
Displaying 11 to 15 of 15 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE