SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Minnkota Ulterra Remote Problem

7/9/18 @ 8:17 AM
INITIAL POST
Ldob50
User since 8/16/16

Was out on Winnebago trolling with my Ulterra deployed. My remote all of a sudden went blank. No display. I figured the battery was bad so i changed it. Didnt work, still nothing. I googled it and watched a 13 second you tube video and this is how I fixed it. 

The guy in the video called Minnkota and they had him take the battery out and flip it upside down, put the remote back together for 20 seconds. Next he removed the battery and put back in the correct way. This fixed the problem.

I did this and much to my amazement it worked.

Anyone have the same problem?

Peace and Good Fishing,

lar

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
7/18/18 @ 5:32 AM
ceci
PRO MEMBER User since 11/20/12

Have the same issue with my Terrova remote. I’ve learned you don’t need to flip it and wait 20 secs. All I had to do was take the back cap off and jiggle the battery. Works every time. This beats getting a black and blue arm from banging the remote on my arm. You can also try putting a dime on top of the battery. This is suppose to tighten the connection. Maybe works a little better but still goes blank at times.

7/11/18 @ 10:05 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Hmm nice to know.

7/10/18 @ 7:33 AM
mgrell
mgrell
User since 5/9/08

Thxs I have the same problem. The minnkota. Remote goes blank. I'll reverse the battery as noted.

7/9/18 @ 8:58 AM
Walleye_guy
User since 2/3/17

Had the same issue last week with my Terrova. Flipped the battery, closed the cap for 20 sec. Then put battery in the right way...........bang it came back on! 

7/9/18 @ 8:40 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Happens all the time with my replacement Terrova remote. The replacement ones suck. I need to bang the casing against the side of the boat to get the screen to light up. I will try the reverse fix to see if it helps. Mrt. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE