SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

boat off trailer

4/25/16 @ 3:14 PM
INITIAL POST
shakey47
User since 7/15/05
my big problem is I replaced the rollers now when u uhook safety chain boats on the move sliding right off unable to un hook latch from winch. I only put trailer in to mid wheel u think it would help to put it in farther .
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
5/17/16 @ 9:46 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
User since 6/26/01

I knew a guy that had a roller trailer and he never allowed his bearings to enter the water.  He would back it down to the edge only getting the tires wet.  Off went the boat and loading it just reversed the procedure, winching it back on.  He never had to do maintenance on his bearings and I was doing them twice a yr (I fished a LOT in those days).

If you think its not loading/unloading right, more likely than not you have it too deep in the water. 

5/16/16 @ 12:52 PM
Captain Andy Platko
Captain Andy Platko
User since 6/19/15

Aggreed.  The zigzag clear will really help out

5/16/16 @ 12:50 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Trying to decipher your post. Sounds like trailer to deep in water pull it out a bit.some guys love roller trailers, I love bunks.

5/16/16 @ 9:01 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
User since 6/26/01

"How in the world did you guys decipher this guys post?"

Dunt u now any good inglish?

Tim's right, reminded me of why I use a bunked trailer, that and the fact the there is more support ofor the boat.

4/25/16 @ 7:49 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12
I agree with the zigzag cleat, and you have reminded me why I use bunk trailers
4/25/16 @ 5:40 PM
topam
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
Be careful I saw a guy launch his boat about one forth of the way down the ramp buy not doing it properly.
4/25/16 @ 4:31 PM
Badgerloader
User since 4/10/11
You need to put a zig-zag cleat on your trailer winch post to attach a short length of stout rope from a front boat cleat. When you release the safety chain, the boat will put all the tension on the winch rope/cable/strap. Release tension on the winch and the boat will roll back to put the stress on the stout rope. Make certain you have a launch rope on the boat! Unwind the stout rope from the zig-day cleat and your boat will roll off the trailer.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE