SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Boat mechanic

2/20/18 @ 8:33 AM
INITIAL POST
GillpillZ
User since 12/7/10

Looking for Simone to work on my boat for reasonable price.  I used to take my boat to duecos but after they wanted 500 bucks  put a new starter in I snapped out of it.....

The problem I'm having is with the safety horn.....At first it was a beep beep beep so i replaced a sensor thinking it was for oil. And then it became a broken constant beep but would stop once I turned the wheel... it would also not turn over or beep when I ran it for a while unless I let it sit. Like ideas over heating. It pisses water just fine. Not sure if the horn is bad or outboard is at risk. 

Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated!

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
2/24/18 @ 1:07 PM
Annes Regret
User since 7/7/11

Props Ahoy INC.  1211 53rd Dr, Union Grove, Wisconsin 53182  Sports & Recreation. (262) 835-4815 for pricing, hours and directions. They did the set up, rigging on my boat. The only place I trust to work on my motors.

2/23/18 @ 12:47 PM
GillpillZ
User since 12/7/10

It's a 1988 merc 100hp.

2/23/18 @ 11:59 AM
ml2trick
ml2trick
User since 6/18/01

If it is a Mercury Motor. It is the warning horn module. Unhook the power wire or any of the blue wires and see if it stops, all your wires from your sensors go to it, so it is easy to find. If I knew what the make was and serial number. I could maybe help you out

2/20/18 @ 10:24 AM
JimLi
PRO MEMBER User since 12/20/11

Daves Surf & Turf in Watertown is good

2/20/18 @ 10:20 AM
GillpillZ
User since 12/7/10

I'm in Waukesha I should say.

2/20/18 @ 10:11 AM
puma
User since 7/10/01

If you dont find someone I would try Macks Motors in St Francis, He has always been fair to me.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE