SEARCH
MORE
ATVs

Transmission repair - Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

5/24/21 @ 7:45 PM
INITIAL POST
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

Got some clacking coming from inside my transmission case.  Been told I "need to replace the tranny."

Anyone else been there -done that and can give an approximate cost?  I would imagine there are several parts that could be the issue, but what's the worst case scenario without opening it up to see?

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
3/22/24 @ 8:26 AM
nyebster1
nyebster1
User since 4/15/11
I've had a similar situation with my Kubota B2650 tractor, where I noticed an odd noise coming from the transmission. It wasn't exactly clacking, more of a grinding sound, but it turned out to be a bearing issue within the transmission assembly.

After some research and troubleshooting, I realized it was beyond a simple DIY fix. I ended up taking it to a Kubota official dealer for a thorough check and repair. The dealer confirmed the bearing problem, replaced it along with a few other worn parts inside the transmission, and conducted a full service to ensure everything was in top shape. The repair wasn't cheap, but it was worth it to get my tractor running smoothly again. The total repair cost, including parts and labor, came to around $1,500. This covered the bearing replacement and a comprehensive check-up of the entire transmission system to ensure everything else was in good condition.
3/21/24 @ 5:51 PM
mabousena
User since 9/9/12
I have a Kubota and have the same problem. Have you found a place where you can resolve it?
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE