LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Who all's dumping their compound for a crossbow?

12/12/13 @ 12:44 PM
INITIAL POST
Lake Perched
User since 3/20/13
With crossbows being legal for everybody next fall who all is going to make the switch? http://www.postcrescent.com/viewart/20131212/APC010401/312120272/Walker-signs-bill-creating-new-crossbow-season
Displaying 11 to 20 of 446 posts
9/17/16 @ 11:51 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

This doesn't really matter to me one way or the other but why do the guys that bait get bashed but the guys that plant their bait (food plots) get praised? Isn't that essentially a "big ol' bait pile"? If your after a nice buck I don't think baiting really helps anyway. In my early hunting days I used to bait religiously and never saw a big buck come in to them, just does and small bucks. I haven't baited in close to ten years and have just as much success. I do think food plots are beneficial to holding deer on your property and supplying them better nutrition though. 

9/17/16 @ 9:32 AM
WalleyeLouie
WalleyeLouie
User since 9/11/16
Well atleast you shoot a Mathews.Very Good!
9/16/16 @ 9:13 PM
Got Shnitz?
Got Shnitz?
User since 11/2/07
I think that the guys who shoot their deer with the x-bow dont get the same satisfaction out of it that the people shooting a bow get.  Its gotta be similar to someone shooting a deer after hours or over a big ole bait pile.  They never tell you that part of it when they tell how they bagged their buck.  When you see their pictures you never see the weapon in the pictures.... hmmmm.  Why is that?  You never see the big ole bait pile in the pictue either..... hmmmm.  Deep down inside they know they are cheating themselves, taking the easy path, and are a bit embarresed about it.  Just my 2cents.
9/16/16 @ 6:42 PM
Crappies101
User since 5/1/14

I decided to use a crossbow this year since I got one for free at a garage sale I stopped at early this summer. It is an old Barnett Veloci Speed recurve from 1985. Shoots pretty good for being the age it is. Hopefully it puts more deer in the freezer compared to my compound.

P.S.- I'm not the best of shot with the compound.

9/16/16 @ 4:31 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06

Seems a little premature to say if it had an effect or not.  2 years is not very long, would seem more logical to wait a little longer draw conclusions.  

I went the other way and ditched my compound for a recurve.  I would rather become proficant with a weapon that requires more skill, not less, but I understand that rationale is lost among today's world.  No immediate result, no immediate gratification, no interest.... 

9/16/16 @ 3:41 PM
buckmaster69
buckmaster69
User since 1/24/11

NEVER

9/16/16 @ 3:31 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

And while the sky was falling, it was predicted that the deer herd was going to be decimated by the xgun and all of the couch potatoes that would take advantage of this "dumbed down" form of hunting.  I know a number of couch potatoes, and they're still on the couch in fall.  

9/16/16 @ 2:50 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Haven't been on a crossbow site for a while. Reading back, the end of bowhunting did not happen when crossbows were legalized as many of the geniuses predicted. Kind of funny then and worth a chuckle now. The sky   did   not   fall. Mrt.

9/16/16 @ 6:47 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10

Can't imagine being so much of an on-line jerk that I'm kicked off darn near every site and then coming on here and ripping on fellow hunters because they choose to hunt with a different weapon than you do.

9/15/16 @ 7:38 PM
WalleyeLouie
WalleyeLouie
User since 9/11/16

My Mathews outback will take a rest as i am making the switch to a crossbow.

Displaying 11 to 20 of 446 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE