MORE
Archery

The "Airbow'

7/29/16 @ 12:31 PM
INITIAL POST
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06

How long until this is allowed into the archery/crossbow season?  Just another option and easier to shoot that a real bow, right?  

http://www.crosman.com/airbow

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
8/2/16 @ 12:12 AM
piker_biker
piker_biker
User since 12/27/07

Well guess I take back what I said then about the tax money. 

This reminds me of that balloon over a ring where you load the arrow in the balloon and pull back. Or the slingbow. All just gimmicks!

8/1/16 @ 9:49 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I'll admit,  the traditional hunters are studs in my opinion.  I won't use a Xbow because it's not a challenge then,  point and shoot really.

However same goes for the traditional guys.  they say they'd never shoot a deer with a compound and I understand.  

I tried a recurve last year,  it was super fun but my elbows couldn't take it.  I sold it but I can understand that once you start shooting traditional you'll never come back unless you have shoulder issues or something.  I found that the recurve used way more muscles. 

So the air gun would never be even a thought for me.  same reason i don't gun hunt....

7/31/16 @ 9:36 PM
str8shot
User since 11/19/10

Wouldnt bother me in the least if they legalized it!

I'm an air gunner myself. I have a PCP 25 cal mostly for farm pest bird control but this year would love to start doing some small game hunting with mine. Id also like to try slinging arrows for big game from one as well. NOW.....Having said that.....it wouldn't be my first choice to hunt with all the time.

Its just funny to me that so many hypocrites out there are using the latest greatest high end compounds with 80% letoff ...fiber optic sight pins.....drop away rests etc.......but poo poo all over the guy that uses some other tool to fling an arrow. yes...I agree...you don't have to draw them back at the moment of shot but SO WHAT! Ive never had that hard of time getting to full draw on a damb deer!

I didn't want x bows in the woods either ....but now that they're here.....I realized that they didn't do a dang thing to hurt the deer population. Just the same way legalizing these things wont! If people obay bag limits it doesn't change anything!

OH! By the way.....I hunt deer almost exclusively with a recurve! You know..... a "real" bow? And still have zero problem getting my two deer a year.

I think these arrow guns rock!

7/31/16 @ 2:23 PM
Shoot Straight
User since 10/31/06

Not much different then a cross bow really -

SS

7/31/16 @ 11:02 AM
piker_biker
piker_biker
User since 12/27/07
Gimmicky. I'm a compound purist which might be rare for new/younger shooters like myself. Although I did see 2 guys my age buy their first compound bow yesterday in my time at Cabelas. I watched probably 5-6 crossbows bought in that same time frame. I guess I really don't care because it keeps the sport going, money being generated for DNR funds as well as the excise tax for conservation. I generally hunt areas where I don't bump into others so have at it. 
7/31/16 @ 9:19 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

This will likely decimate the deer herd just like the crossbow did!

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE